Tanning A Seal Pelt

Submitted by Rod Wheeler on 02/08/2004. ( nancywheeler23@hotmail.com ) 142.163.25.133

Could someone give me some info on the steps after the fat has been removed and it has been stretched. This is my first time and I'm aiming for a small rug.

Rod

Return to Tanning Category Menu

I'd suggest EZ-100!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 02/08/2004. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 171.75.171.69

If you want it to be a rug - I'd definitely consider using EZ-100 to tan it with. However - I also suggest degreasing it using our Rittel's Super Solvent (SS-618) and using an Acid Bate (AB-640) in the pickle - so you get a soft, supple skin.

If you need the full instructions for using EZ-100 - click on my e-mail address above and we'd be happy to copy and paste them to you.

Or - Rittel@mindspring.com

Marine mammal permit?

This response submitted by been there, done that! on 02/08/2004. ( ) 205.188.208.167

Anyone in the know would have first told you that unless you are a native American, you need this permit to have a seal part in your possession. If you don't, the Feds could come down on you like white on rice; espcially since the whole world knows your name and email address. If you aren't within the law to have a seal skin, the best advice anyone can give you is to get rid of it ASAP.

Return to Tanning Category Menu