Tannery Besides Keystone with e-mail

Submitted by pelts on 02/13/2004. ( ) 216.144.8.108

I am looking for a tannery with the following specifications:

1) e-mail
2) Uses EZ-100 or chrome or both but no alum, TX77, or sulfuric acid
3) Willing to take in large orders (1500+ skins)
4) Optional: tans rabbits and also dyes & plucks/shears skins
5) Not Keystone and not D Cohn, neither answer e-mail
6) Turnaround under 4 months
7) Wholesale furdressing prices
8) Won't knock the noses and whiskers off fox and mink just because they're not going in to a coat and will return the ears straight, not in little crunched balls 'attached' to the face
9) Visa/MC

Are you this tannery?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

that's a pretty tall order!

This response submitted by eric on 02/13/2004. ( beartrapman@webtv.net ) 216.114.124.121

well best of luck with your search. but most of us have to live here on earth. we compromise. but shoot for excellence.
eric

Willing to work with you:

This response submitted by Brian on 02/13/2004. ( brianwlg@yahoo.com ) 216.111.205.84

Dear Pelts, I am pleased to answer your plea. There is no doubt that we can work with you on your needs. I am not going to come across to you as a tannery that can do no wrong. On the contrary we are all human here and we do make mistakes but we have a business philosophy that consistantly has the customers needs in mind. Bottom line is we will take care of you. I would like to discuss your tanning needs with you. Our business name is The Wildlife Gallery Inc. we are located in central Michigan. PH. 989-561-5369. Look forward to talking with you. References available. Thanks Brian

Willing to work with you:

This response submitted by Brian on 02/13/2004. ( brianwlg@yahoo.com ) 216.111.205.84

Dear Pelts, I am pleased to answer your plea. There is no doubt that we can work with you on your needs. I am not going to come across to you as a tannery that can do no wrong. On the contrary we are all human here and we do make mistakes but we have a business philosophy that consistantly has the customers needs in mind. Bottom line is we will take care of you. I would like to discuss your tanning needs with you. Our business name is The Wildlife Gallery Inc. we are located in central Michigan. PH. 989-561-5369. Look forward to talking with you. References available. Thanks Brian

Advertising

This response submitted by oldsahver on 02/13/2004. ( oldshaver@yahoo.com ) 207.69.1.155

Break Through magazine and Taxidermy Today Magazine have great advertising prices, yall should give them a call.

Sivko Fur Inc. Tannery

This response submitted by Paul on 02/14/2004. ( sivkofur@infoblvd.net ) 216.42.120.8

Dear Pelts
We are a wholesale furdresser and tannery.
We have a 6-8 week turn around time year round.
We offer both wet and dry tanns.
We tan everything from rabbits to elephants hair on and hair off.
We use a modified Alum tan. This modification takes the bad properties of alum tannig out. Leaving a skin that is soft, supple, stretchy, with long shelf life. If you are interested send me an email and I'll tan a few skins for you at no cost so you can see the difference for yourself.

Thank you for your time and good luck

Paul T Poklinkowski
Manager
Sivko Fur Inc.
3089 RT 119
Canisteo, NY 14823
Ph 607-698-4827
Fax 607-698-4344

pretty impresive

This response submitted by Doug on 02/18/2004 at 21:19. ( mac13@mynra.com ) 65.167.43.177

Sivko comes off as quite a nice deal there Paul. I'm just getting myself into this business (in the biggest step of looking for a shop right now) and know i would need a place to send out any bigger hides i may recieve. Being that you're in New York and i'm maybe 45 mins south of Binghamton that would probably help out anyway. I have no hides currently to test out but send me an e-mail to see if we cant maybe get something worked out. THANKS

Return to Tanning Category Menu