Degreaser to use with Krowtann?

Submitted by SeaBass on 02/14/2004. ( bassluongo@comcast.net ) 4.17.147.161

I'm about to try tanning my first skin, a coyote, using krowtann. The question is, Im wondering if there is a recommended degreaser to use before krowtanning, or if any of them are fine, or if any of them chemically interfere with the tanning process. Also, is there a need to use stop-rot if there are no indications that the skin is bad? I know that may sound like a dumb question, but i thought maybe i could use a little stop rot just for an extra safety measure. Thanks
SeaBass

Return to Tanning Category Menu

I'd use it on the ears.

This response submitted by . on 02/14/2004. ( . ) 141.153.131.35

Stop rot

Geez, it never stops

This response submitted by George on 02/14/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.170

If KROTANN IS A TAN, WHY WOULD IT BE DIFFERENT? Use a degreaser with it just like you would with any other tan. It's all in the archives.

Use Super Solvent!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 02/14/2004. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.139.155

Super Solvent (Catalog #SS-618) works great on Alum treated skins and capes! So there shouldnt be a problem! Mix 2 fl. ozs. to each 1 gallon of water - soak for 30 minutes - rinse - and your cape or skin should be squeaky clean!

You can order it on-line at: http://Rittelsupplies.net
Highlight the website address - copy - then put your browser in your address bar and click "paste".

PS - It's also an excellent degreaser for skulls, bird and fish skins too!

degrease

This response submitted by eric on 02/14/2004. ( beartrapman@webtv.net ) 216.114.124.121

you should not have a problem as yotes are not really very greasy to begin with. i like to degrease immediatly after relaxing. follow the directions and do not over use.
eric

Return to Tanning Category Menu