krow tann in auto tanner

Submitted by paul on 02/26/2004 at 00:16. ( ) 68.83.60.145

anyone have any experience? and how do u like? as far as that goes how do u like the crystal methode and how do u like that tann on deer capes? not trying to start a debate , just want some real life experiences, im loosing faith in commercial tanneries

Return to Tanning Category Menu

No need to use it in the Auto tanner.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 02/26/2004 at 00:40. ( ) 66.233.157.155

I am sure it will work very well. I like the crystals and the archives provides enough postive info. The only boo hooers are people that have not used the Auto-tanner and people that have not used Krowtann.

I have to ask why with all the archived information would you ask for real experiences? I am sure all of the posted info is real!

I lost faith in most of the commercial tannies years ago. There are still a couple I trust. Brent at Dirty Crrek in OK, and Keith Daniels of Arlington Cape.

I asked the guys at Ozark Woods about that.

This response submitted by Jeff Acord on 02/26/2004 at 02:28. ( ) 207.69.139.136

I recently called Brian at Ozark Woods to ask some questions about the Krowtann, and since I have been thinking about getting an auto tanner myself, I asked him if they would recommend it to be used in the auto tanner. He said someone had done it in an auto tanner with good results. I think he recommended leaving it in over night. As for my experience with the stuff, I have been using it in a 5 gallon bucket, and it has worked great. I did a mink and a fox first since I wasn't intending to mount them, and after getting them out of the solution, I put the Krowtann tanning oils on them, then worked them every day for a few days until dry and broken in. It didn't take much to break them in actually, and though the directions say to put the oils on twice, I only did it once, and the skins are flimsy and supple. I then did a deer cape, and another fox, both of which I mounted. They came out great. I did have a few hairs come out of the deer cape (that is what I called Brian to ask about!) but realized later I had shaved a little too thin. After it dried, however, the hair set. I just got a bobcat out of the mix yesterday, neutralized, washed and put in the freezer until my form gets here. Everything seems to be great. I know I haven't done as much as some others, but I am very pleased with the results.

Auto Tanner in use for Five years

This response submitted by David on 02/26/2004 at 08:52. ( ) 68.107.226.71

I have been using my auto tanner for five years I use the tanning
crystals and love the way the hides come out. I put my hides in the auto tanner for 2 hours before I flesh them it helps to set the hair then for 2 more hours after fleshing. Then I either mount our vacuum seal the hides and freeze. I do not put the tanning oil in the tanner
it makes a mess of the hair. I put the oil on and let it soak in before mounting. Time is valuable and as you can see the auto tanner does save a lot of time.

krowtan/auto tanner

This response submitted by Masshole-Massachusetts on 02/26/2004 at 12:22. ( ) 67.25.166.176

Krowtan over nite,did'nt quite tan through.
Large w.t.cape 3/16+ thick. Shaved&returned to tanner (same solution)for two hrs. Excellent tan!

i need help

This response submitted by ERIN on 02/26/2004 at 12:27. ( UGLYERIN@HOTMAIL.COM ) 142.26.134.173

I NEED HELP MY MOM AND I NEED CLOTHES SO CAN U GIVE ME HIDES FOR MY CLOTHS I LIVE IN CANADA I CAN REMERBER WGHERE BUT IN HERE SOMWHERE I AM AT A LIBRAY WRITING TO U GIV EM HELP PLZ I NEED CLOTHES. I RUN AROUND NAKED ALL THE TIME BECUSE I NEEED CLOTHES HELP ME OK MY NUMBER IS 1-800-PLZ-HELP CALL ME OK I NEED IT THANK YOU LOV YAH ERIN

Return to Tanning Category Menu