Squirrel tail probs

Submitted by Jimmy From Mississippi on 03/02/2004 at 04:23. ( jimmyz4olemiss@aol.com ) 205.144.228.176

hey I have tanned a few skins but I can not get the tail to work out right every time I go to flesh it ither the hair sheds off or i end up riping it just wondering if any one could help me out. The rest of my hide turns out fine lips eyes ears just can not get that tail to work right everything eles soft then you get to the tail stif as a rock thanks

Jimmy

Return to Tanning Category Menu

mount separately

This response submitted by r stanton on 03/03/2004 at 05:12. ( ) 170.215.201.173

try skinning and mounting the tail separately using DP-- there's not anything to flesh in a squirrel tail, so don't split and just shove the tail in with some hide paste. groom and put up to attach later. The Breakthrough Mammal manual has a good illustrated step by step of the procedure.
Now if you could tell me how you keep the lips from falling apart i'd be most appreciative.

Not doing it to mount

This response submitted by Jimmy From Mississippi on 03/03/2004 at 05:32. ( ) 205.144.227.149

is that a realy good book I ordered it I hope it can teach me thank you for your help

Return to Tanning Category Menu