heres a good one for all TANNERIES

Submitted by Bill Yox on 03/06/2004 at 20:31. ( ) 209.130.219.226

In the past some posts have hinted around about competing tanneries, etc. I believe that tanners, like taxidermists, are proud of their talents and like to be recognized. Some feel they have a better product than the other.

Maybe we can try this. I have a complete deer for a life size thats got some real iffy areas in the hindquarters and rear legs. Ive lost some hair, and have applied stop slip. I salted it and dried it. Now, if I send it to a tannery, its going to slip more. Heres my idea. I know that some tanneries use pickles that, due to the process usually used, would allow it to slip, no question. I also figure some could pickle it with the slippage in mind, and attempt to stop the slippage. Is anyone up to the challenge of trying to save this 275 pound animals hide? Maybe someone can save it, and I dont have to give the customer bad news, Ill just have some repairing to do. Ill still pay the cost of tanning as usual, but if you can save it, Ill blab in here that _______Tannery saved the otherwise slipping life sized hide. If its ruined, I say nothing here, as it wouldnt be fair to the tannery. What do you think, is it a challenge worth taking on, or do I just phone my regular tannery or attempt it myself?

Tanners, respond here, if you are interested. Hopefully I can spark some competitive spirit here. My customer will be thrilled, and folks in here would get a good reference!

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Any Takers

This response submitted by Tim on 03/07/2004 at 00:39. ( ) 24.10.153.224

Good luck on this one. Put your money were your mouth is. :)

cool

This response submitted by tanMan on 03/07/2004 at 08:21. ( ) 193.218.84.234

no problem dude

stop-rot

This response submitted by john w. on 03/07/2004 at 14:40. ( ) 12.215.63.29

Hey Bill,sounds like a good test for stop-rot.Not trying to be smart,but from what I've read aboutit, maybe it might save the hide.

I will !

This response submitted by nobody on 03/07/2004 at 23:16. ( ) 12.22.37.94

Bill all I need is your e-mail our phone number to contact you, and arrange shipping. A small stipulation in my contract is "any Questionable hides received are paid up frount no refunds" Yes I'm up to your challenge.

Return to Tanning Category Menu