A Senario:

Submitted by roger on 03/11/2004 at 16:53. ( ) 12.22.37.94

I received 3 Antilope salt dryed capes from 03 season. The gland area's were cut out, down to the hair roots in a 2" radious on each one by the customer. After tanning they all sliped in that area, and around a 3 1/2" radious total. After cutting throught the skin in that area a brown section was apparent, more gland ? I only wire wheeled them. If I hade shaved that area would that have opened up the remaining gland, and allowed the tan to fix or not ? Who is responsable for proper glan removel. and when should it be done ? I would appreciate a professional serious responses. Thank you.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Hate to tell you

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 03/11/2004 at 20:00. ( myers.ark@direcway.com ) 66.82.9.66

But in our studio, it would be our fault if we didn't remove the gland completely. I'm surprised the customer even removed any, as ours usually don't do anything to the capes! (Except cut them too short!)

It also depends on what your contract (if any) states, as you can't be responsible for capes that were allowed to set out too long, etc.

Or.

This response submitted by mike3 on 03/18/2004 at 18:01. ( ) 12.22.37.94

if the customer cut down to the hair roots that will cause it to slip too.

Return to Tanning Category Menu