George

Submitted by oldshaver( straight shooter ) on 04/14/2004 at 20:50. ( oldshaver@yahoo.com ) 207.69.4.202

I read your post titled- The World According To George, enjoyed it! I too am very passionate about my job. Sometimes a little too passionate. I get up every morning at 5:30 and go to work, and usually dont leave till around 6:00 or 6:30. I spend most of the day looking over other shavers work, and making sure that it goes out of my department as perfect as possible. I put alot of thought into every skin I touch. Are the edges thin enough,are they too thin(ass will be chewed if this happens), are the glands on this antelope cape thin enough, are they too thin, are the center of the legs on this LS nyala thin enough to allow good stretch- I could go on for hours and hours! Every skin has its own special needs to make the Taxidermist happy. My whole work day, and my future work days revolve around that Taxidermist being happy. I have actually lost sleep over a false cut I made in a skin. I asked a shaver the other day if a damage in a skin was his, or did the Taxidermist do it- his response was -I dont know, I dont remember. I told him that he was in the wrong line of work if he could not remember making a damage, and dont give me that answer again, it is a yes or no question! If every Furdressing Co. in the U.S. had this attitude, very few people would be tanning their own skins. I consider myself in a little competition with the chemical sellers that visit this site. I hope that you and Mr. Rittel have no hard feelings, but I am also a very strong believer in everything I post. Sometimes the posts are a little rough, but I figured yall can take it.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Nothing wrong with that OS

This response submitted by George on 04/14/2004 at 22:48. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.84

At least you don't have to worry about remembering what you said. Right? I just always pray that my passion never overpowers my ability to change my mind if I'm wrong.

Return to Tanning Category Menu