Questions from the thank you...long letter.

Submitted by Debbie on 04/21/2004 at 19:34. ( ) 198.81.26.73

I have an untanned (?) cougar hide with mold and slipping hair in the freezer.
Do I put it in the Krowtann 2000 and tan it again, neutralize it, stretch and nail it, dry it, oil it, break it and make it into a rug?
Did I forget anything?
Or do I need to stop the mold first?
With what do I stop it?
Or does the Krowtann 2000 stop mold?
Thank you. Sorry, if I stepped on any toes, I'm a little cranky over this mess... Debbie.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Im I thinking the same as the rest here?

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 04/21/2004 at 23:40. ( ) 209.130.219.199

Standard answer to ALL krowtann questions...ask Brian Harness. He sells the stuff, and you have a great opportunity here, as he frequents this site, and is available via phone and email too, to help you with his product. Usually every time someone asks, someone here posts his number, but it looks like theyre getting tired of that now...lol! Good luck with the lion!

Bill is right.

This response submitted by Steve Rotramel on 04/22/2004 at 12:02. ( rotramel@midwest.net ) 209.248.2.166

The taxidermy industry is a bastion of rugged individualists; each with experience and training that may hold no resemblance to anyone else's. And each will form and communicate an opinion which might be completely counter to reality, or might be right on the mark. There truly are many ways to skin (and rug) a cat.

The fact that your question was not specific ensured incomplete information at best.

It is a shame that you were afraid to ask a direct, specific question before you turned your skin into the mess that you describe. Hopefully it isn't too late.

This (or any) forum is what it is. The surly doltish coyotes on here have already distinguished themselves many times for what they are. THEY ARE NOT ON HERE TO HELP YOU. If you want to learn using it as a resource, you sort of have to toughen up and ask the very very specific questions anyway, and just disregard the useless drivel that may be posted.

Best bet - start with the manufacturer for advice on the capacities and use of their products. Then be very picky about whose balancing advice you take, realizing that every situation may have a DIFFERENT right answer.

Thanks, from Debbie

This response submitted by Debbie on 04/22/2004 at 15:39. ( ) 198.81.26.42

I wish to thank all who took the time to try to answer my questions and who listened to me snivel, because I was a coward about asking anything on here. After calling repeatedly, I did finally talk to Brian today and he told me they are trying to get a CD out with information on his products. I will try to save the hide, but, there isn't much hope. If I succeed I will come back and let you know. Thanks again...Debbie

look into

This response submitted by wilson on 04/22/2004 at 15:49. ( ) 198.81.26.42

look into stop rot from,,,,, Glen Conley
WHITETAIL DESIGNER SYSTEMS, INC.

Return to Tanning Category Menu