JOhn C

Submitted by Jack F on 04/28/2004 at 05:52. ( ) 12.152.155.131

Hey John, I was wondering if you have ever done this before with the Auto Tanner. I have done some bears now and they all came out ok. I have been degreasing after the tanning and shaving. I just picked up a nice road kill bear 125-135lb, this job has some benefits lol. I am wondering if you use tannery degreaser in the auto tanner? Possibly after the first run? or should I just run it through the entire process and then degrease? trying to save some time. I didn't find anything in archives on this one. Any one else have any input would be appreciated. Oh yeah almost forgot will the tannery degreaser have any affects on the tanning cryistal solution PH? Thanks Jack F

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Run the bear about 45 minutes, shave and degrease

This response submitted by JOhn C on 04/28/2004 at 09:09. ( ) 66.233.157.155

I use Grease Buster or Rittels Super Solvent static, in a bucket, or if you have an old washing machine, (ok you can slip it past the spouse if you clean the washing machine up) for about 30 minutes.

Back into the Auto tanner, for 60 minutes, you may find bear tan quicker than a deer hide.

Then I will check the fleshing and do any final fleshing, normally I dont have to return the bear to the tanner. Tumble in course hardwood sawdust and a 8 ounce cup of oderless paint thinner.

This will give you a super looking mount.

Thanks John

This response submitted by Jack F on 05/03/2004 at 16:52. ( ) 12.152.154.87

I will try that. They do tan faster I noticed that :) Jack F

Thanks John

This response submitted by Jack F on 05/03/2004 at 16:52. ( ) 12.152.154.87

I will try that. They do tan faster I noticed that :) Jack F

Return to Tanning Category Menu