spinning to fast

Submitted by eric on 8/14/04 at 2:27 PM. ( ) 65.212.160.74

I hear alot of people building tumblers with dryers .Doesn't anybody think they spin to fast and will destroy alot of your birds does anybody know for sure ?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

IMHO, dryer conversions are a waste

This response submitted by George on 8/14/04 at 3:15 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.131

Aside from that Eric, the dryers don't hold enough medium to do a good job anyway. I feel that a tumbler should be about half full of medium so the birds don't get bounced all over the place. With the time and effort taken to convert a dryer, you'd be just as well off to buy one.

Builld your own

This response submitted by Ed on 8/15/04 at 12:25 AM. ( ) 216.51.174.213

From what I read here a dryer works but why not build your own 55 gallon drum tumbler. If you use materials at hand and watch and look for deals on other parts (Ebay, scrap yards etc) you can build a 55 gallon tumbler for around $100 or less. And witha set of gears and a tensioner or a 10 speed bike and a little ingenuity you can make a multi-speed tumbler. The most expensive part on my tumbler was the motor with gear reduction which was under $40 with shipping from Ebay

Return to Tanning Category Menu