bear

Submitted by jordan on 9/23/04 at 8:57 PM. ( ) 24.255.124.23

This is kind of a stupid question ,but I have no experience with tanneries as I have tanned everything for myself in the past.About on average ,how much does a tannery charge to tan a 6 foot black bear.Any guesses?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Not a stupid question

This response submitted by David Patton on 9/24/04 at 9:23 AM. ( ) 12.76.236.127

Jordan,

The price can vary from tannery to tannery. Expect to pay by the linear foot or inch measured from the base of the tail to the tip of the nose. Pricing can be from $16 to as high as $20 per linear foot. Just check around if price is your main concern and don't believe the old adage "you get what you pay for" in all cases. Some tanneries do a fine job for a lower price. The higher priced tanneries sometimes are no better than the lower priced tanneries.

Luck to ya!
David Patton

David

This response submitted by Jordan on 9/24/04 at 7:19 PM. ( ) 24.255.124.23

Thanks for the info David.

Tanning

This response submitted by Mark Marlette on 9/25/04 at 12:25 PM. ( markmarltt@aol.com ) 205.188.116.132

Jordan, I am the president of H&H Fur Dressing Inc. Located in Mecosta Michigan. We tan many bears each year and our price is by the Lin. Inch. We get $1.85 for a blk bear. Our return time is 45 days on bears. If you would like more info on our Fur Dressing, feel free to give me a call at (231) 972-2000 or visit our website www.wildlifedesigninc.com and click on the Fur Dressing side bar.

Thank you.
Mark Marlette

Return to Tanning Category Menu