Educational Material for Griz and others.

Submitted by Glen Conley on 11/10/04 at 11:43 AM. ( temporarily unavailable-long temporary ) 68.238.7.39

I just added another article to hidetanning.net.

"STOP-ROT AS A PREPARATION FOR TANNING
The photos, and microphotography photos, in this article should help to give you a better understanding of skin structure, and also help you understand the effectiveness of STOP-ROT as a pre-treatment for skins, and capes."

What I am doing is setting these articles up around some of the data I have on file. By showing what I see, and explaining, that should help give everyone a better understanding. Between the microphotography, and my chemical parlor tricks, structures are exposed to view that would otherwise not be seen.

Griz, if you would, be my critic. With the way I've been doing these articles, is it helping you to understand?
Glen

Return to Tanning Category Menu

i'm sorry glen but ....

This response submitted by Griz on 11/10/04 at 7:49 PM. ( ) 69.66.85.113

is the newest article called "STOP-ROT AS A PREPARATION FOR TANNING"?

Cause i didn't see it. Of course i am running about my 16th hour on a five hour night, and i am more or less out of it.

I had a D.A. attack!

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 11/10/04 at 8:21 PM. ( ) 68.238.7.39

I forgot to publish the new homepage with the link to the web!

Sorry about that. You can either scroll down to the bottom of the page (I just uploaded the proper homepage), or go directly in by doing the copy and paste thing:

http://www.hidetanning.net/STOP-ROTtanningPrep.html

I feel dumb now, I think I'll go make fun of Todd B. for forgetting to turn his bobcat ears. Now he knows there's at least two of us that do such things.

Well glen....

This response submitted by Griz on 11/10/04 at 11:02 PM. ( ) 69.66.87.156

you definitely know what you are doing. And i think you have a very good product. I know i can definitely take your word on things concerning what happens with our hides. All you got to do is tell me how to do it better and i will gladly follow, cause it looks like you know what you are doing. And i always try to improve. I might not always know the how or why but if it is better i don't care. How did tommy boy put it? You can get a real good look at a t-bone steak by sticking your head up a bulls ar$e but we are better off taking the word of an expert. Keep up the good work.

And just for reference sake: what is the step by step you do on a deer cape. From skining to mounting.

Thanks, for taking the look, Griz.

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 11/11/04 at 12:36 AM. ( still temporarily unavailable ) 68.238.7.39

I have a step by step on the Whitetail Designer Systems website. If you scroll down on the homepage to a banner that sez:
Tanning Supplies Tanning Information, click on it, and that will take you through in sequence.

I wrote those pages a few years ago. They were originally in a shop manual, and were just adapted to the web.

The only thing that has really changed is that in using STOP-ROT up front, we have been getting better capes by NOT returning to the pickle after 3 days. Just shaving to thin, and buffering after that, then finishing out the steps.

Another thing. Brushing a little STOP-ROT on the hair side and flesh side around the eyes BEFORE the baking soda water buffer has been consistently yielding a little better eye skin.

yeah i was just wondering if you had modified ....

This response submitted by Griz on 11/11/04 at 10:37 AM. ( ) 69.66.85.87

your step by step any recently. And you answered that for me....

"The only thing that has really changed is that in using STOP-ROT up front, we have been getting better capes by NOT returning to the pickle after 3 days. Just shaving to thin, and buffering after that, then finishing out the steps."

Thx :)

Return to Tanning Category Menu