Fungus on tanned skin

Submitted by S. Hasnain Haider on 11/15/04 at 7:22 AM. ( taxidermist@gownhouse.com ) 202.52.199.73

I have a tanned hide using EZ-100. This hide was oiled and staked after tanning. However it was a little harder for mounting. I rehyrated the skin for mounting purpose. For some unavoidable reasons I could not mount it and I palced it in a polythene bag (my biggest mistake). Now it has fungus grown allover it. What should I do to prevent from further damage. Thanks in advance for help.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Staked?

This response submitted by Frank E. Kotula on 11/16/04 at 6:18 AM. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.201.242.2

If your mounting it for what reason was it staked? Did you let the hide dry out? What where your total steps in the process? For some reason here you did a ton of wrong things. As for the fungus that should have never happened when you rehydrate a hide. We need more info to help out.

Mounting Head

This response submitted by s. Hasnain Haider on 11/17/04 at 10:42 PM. ( taxidermist@gownhouse.com ) 202.176.255.170

I am basically a bird taxidermist. I started gameheads just a few months back and have not done alot. This is my third mount. Previously I have mounted immediately after tanning. I want to have soft tanned skins so that I can mount them even after a few months.

I am a Pakistani citizen and there are no taxidermy schools in Pakistan. I learnt everything about tanning through net.forums. I hope you would guide through proper procedures of tanning for mounting a gamehead.

Return to Tanning Category Menu