Auto tanner...need guidence

Submitted by Stephen on 12/10/04 at 10:47 PM. ( spankndope@yahoo.com ) 70.185.108.37

I have been using the Krowtann 2000, with very pleasing results. However, I am still contemplating the purchase of an auto tanner. I take in roughly 125 customer animals a year and have started tanning some hides (so far 30/month)for other taxidermists. I am new to the game and need assistance in this decison, pro's/cons. I would greatly appreciate the input, good or bad. Have a great season!
Stephen

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Simple to use.

This response submitted by J. Adams on 12/11/04 at 6:19 AM. ( ) 208.4.5.74

I purchased an Autotanner over the summer and couldn't be happier with the results up to this point. I had tried several times to "tan in a 5 gallon bucket" and I had a real problem getting the ph correctly tested. I don't know if I'm colorblind, or what, but I never could tell much using the litmus paper. With the autotanner and the tanning crystals, I no longer have to worry about that. I just mix per the instructions and let the machine work. I'm sure that this "one size fits all" approach to tanning will sometimes cause me a problem, but so far, so good. I've read in the archives that others use different tanning chemicals in the Autotanner and get good results, but I haven't been brave enough to try anything other than the tanning crystals that come from the manufacturer. Best of luck to you!

Its the greatest thing in my shop since rubber floor mats

This response submitted by k on 12/11/04 at 5:04 PM. ( GOV.ORG ) 205.188.116.74

And no finer custumer service than that offered up by Steve Rotamel. I've done Para TAn and a few others with good results but always go back to the simplicity of the crystals. You won't regret purchasing one.

trapper

This response submitted by trapper on 12/15/04 at 10:04 PM. ( ) 69.14.195.217

I believe I was one of his first clients....I was worried about long term 3.,5 years plus....still no tan problems...tank is rusted up pretty bad..had a pin hole leak but it plugs itself up within seconds.It does what it says...(Had I coated the whole tank with car wax and never removed it I doubt that it would be in its present shape)The next one I'll coat it with plastic dip or simular.

Return to Tanning Category Menu