How Long for results?

Submitted by David on 12/14/04 at 11:27 PM. ( kyyotehunter@yahoo.com ) 216.105.193.133

I know this will frustrate you taxidermists, but here it goes. How long should a deer shoulder mount take? I refuse to ask my taxidermist when it will be done, (Because I have heard so many complaints on here about taxidermists being bugged about "WHEN WILL MY MOUNT BE DONE"). In fact I dropped of my deer and I have never asked. I just need a general idea.
Thanks
David

Return to Tanning Category Menu

I tell them one yaer

This response submitted by M on 12/14/04 at 11:45 PM. ( ) 12.59.56.78

But these are the ? that should be asked before you decide on a taxi.
I am sure it will be worth the wait. I did have to gents bring me capes and antlers they dropped of at a taxi, two yaers ago. Not tanned just dfreezer burnt.

6 Months

This response submitted by Kim C. on 12/15/04 at 8:51 AM. ( Bubba's Taxidermy ) 128.192.139.89

everything that comes in this shop is done and ready to be picked up 6 months from the date you bring it in! Period no excuses. Around here turn around time is more important then price. And we are part-timers at that and have never missed a turn around dead line!

Kim C.
Bubba's Taxidermy

all taxidermist are different

This response submitted by Laurier on 12/15/04 at 9:10 AM. ( houlel@onlink.net ) 209.105.209.31

David, some taxidermist mount 10 pieces per year and others do 100's
per year, all is different. With me , minimum 1 year, and we are very full time.

We always give our customers

This response submitted by KB on 12/15/04 at 9:09 PM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

a time estimate when they bring the animal in. If they're early bow season animals, they get it by Christmas. If it comes in at the end of the seasons when there are over 100 mounts ahead of it, they won't getit until at least May or June. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a time estimate when you bring your animal in. Just understand that even for taxidermists who are very good at managing their time, sometimes it takes longer than planned. There are also a lot of taxidermist out there who are not trustworthy and will still be giving you excuses 5 or 6 years down the road. We get a lot of business from people who had bad experiences with that type of thing, because we have a good reputation. Still, sometimes we run behind. If you call to ask for a time frame, be nice and polite; it goes a long way.

4 + years

This response submitted by Mr. T on 12/15/04 at 9:55 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.249

My father in law has had his deer at a taxidermist for over 4 years. My brother in law told him that he would have it mounted for him by a friend because it was his first deer ever. We are trying to get it back so I can do it. The pokey taxidermist told us that the antlers were on a wall up to the hardware store and he would get them back for us. What they are doing on a wall in a hardware store when they belong to a customer is unconceivable. Go figure.

depends...

This response submitted by Drew on 12/15/04 at 10:51 PM. ( ) 140.226.180.214

It all depends on how long it takes to get the capes back. I have waited 6 months before to get capes back so it tends to back things up. I tell people one year depending on when I get the capes back.

To actually mount a deer takes me a day of prepping, a day of mounting, and a day of finish work. (None take all day, but I do all on separate days so that equals 3 days.)

Return to Tanning Category Menu