Sivko Fur Dressing

Submitted by Joe M. on 1/5/05 at 9:46 PM. ( ) 24.119.142.29

Thinking about sending them some African skins, what kind of work do they do? anyone had any problems?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Burned Bad Once

This response submitted by Larry on 1/5/05 at 10:14 PM. ( ) 65.1.193.208

Personally, I would not send them anything. A few years ago they lost a customer coyote skin. They always had an answering machine on the phone and they never would return my calls. I guess they were using a caller ID to screen calls. I am just thankful that it was a coyote skin that could be replaced and not a bunch of African skins.

I used them last year..

This response submitted by tomdes on 1/5/05 at 10:21 PM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 24.58.211.158

I had no problems, but only sent them deer, otter and elk. I sent them deer and caribou this fall. But I got email from another irrate customer of them, here it is you decide:

I will never....
This response submitted by Alex on 12/16/04 at 12:34 PM. ( ) 66.32.110.32
use Sivko Fur Inc, I got burned by them, I sent 6 boxes of skins ,they picked and chose what they wanted to tanned, then sent me a bill and shipped the tanned and untanned skins back and overcharged me as if they had tanned most skins and never got a refund on my overcharges, Will never deal with them again.

The skins they sent back labeled untannable ,were tanned by Carolina without any problem..

burned

This response submitted by Glen on 1/5/05 at 11:55 PM. ( ) 24.229.130.92

I was burned by these people ,with all the good tanneries out there ,you dont need to go there.

No Good!

This response submitted by woodchick on 1/6/05 at 1:37 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.74

I started out with Sivko with a free tanning certificate I won at the PTA a few years ago. I liked the result on that one!. Thats it I sent about 12 -14 others to them an alomost lost the farm. The skins were destroyed. Slippage all over lost nose pads etc. I would not recommend Sivco to anyone,not even my worst enemy. how bout Carolina furs I have never had any problem with them ever. THey are good to deal with and give back great product.

Sivko Fur Inc under new management

This response submitted by Paul T Poklinkowski on 1/6/05 at 2:04 PM. ( sivkofur@infoblvd.net ) 216.42.67.68

Hello My name is Paul and I have taken over the management of Sivko Fur Inc. I would like to have more information on the people who had problems because there are no email address for me to send an email to respond to. please email me or call me and I will look into what the problem was. I always contact people and return calls. Today the management and process to include customer service is a very different place. These posts above do not sound like Sivko Fur Inc today.

Thank you for your time

Paul T Poklinkowski
Sivko Fur Inc.
3089 Rt119
Canisteo, NY 14823
Phone 607-698-4827
Fax 607-698-4344

Paul

This response submitted by woodchick on 1/6/05 at 3:02 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.73

I assume you are Siv's son. So If you took over the business. I think it is kinda presumtious that you say "new management". I had dealt with you when I had my ordeal with Sivco. Again with all my dealings with Sivco, I would still not recomend them to anybody. Sorry but Actions speak louder than words and the actions of Sivco were almost disasterous to my business. Thanks but no thanks.

WOODCHICK

This response submitted by Paul on 1/7/05 at 8:11 AM. ( sivkofur@infoblvd.net ) 216.42.67.30

Woodchick email me your company name and invoice # because with out a name or email I have no way of knowing who you are? No I am not siv's son.

Paul T Poklinkowski
Sivko Fur Inc
3089 Rt 119
Canisteo, NY 14823
607-698-4827

Sivco fur

This response submitted by Lance Murphy on 1/8/05 at 12:50 AM. ( murph412000@yahoo.com ) 4.156.159.185

I've used sivco for the last 2 years and can tell you all that I've spent time in the tannery with Paul. Paul takes the time to take ya through his tannery and answered all of my questions. Paul is a great guy and is very knowlegable and is very committed to his work. I've had dry tanned skins as well as the wet tanned skins and I'm telling ya, you wont find better tanned and shaved skins anywhere. I won't go anywhere else. In fact, I'm heading out to them on Saturday morning. See ya then Paul and thanks.
Lance murphy

Sorry

This response submitted by woodchick on 1/8/05 at 10:30 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.73

Sorry Paul, I thought that you were Siv's Son. In dealilng with him I lost all confidence in the tannery. I would think that with the number of bad occurances with several different customers, that Sivco has alot of rebuilding to do. I am now using a great guy in Boyerstown, PA. Misty Ridge Tanney. Dealing with Dave is easy and the quality is definately there. I drive my capes there and the turnover is just a few weeks. He seems not to let the $ sit in his shop too long. Dave's # at Misty Ridge is 1877-896-8009. Good luck Paul in rebuilding Sivco's reputation.

Return to Tanning Category Menu