Whitetail Designer System

Submitted by JEM on 2/2/05 at 4:09 PM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

Can the Whitetail Designer System tanning be done in an automatic tanner? If so, could someone outline the process. I would call Glen but I do not know his phone number other than his toll free number and I don't think it is right for him to pay for my call. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

JEM,

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 2/2/05 at 5:49 PM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.105.88.251

I talked to Mark Haineault just this last Monday night about writing an article on Whitetail Designer Systems and the auto tanner for an article for one of the web sites.

Mark has been playing with the combinations long enough that he now has it down to an art. Mark's phone number is 1-269-2784. He would have no problem answering specific questions, but you'll about have to call evenings.

I have personally never used an auto tanner, so I feel more comfortable with someone who has walked the walk to answer your questions, BUT I can parrot back information that has been passed on to me by those that have.

In simplest terms, follow the same basic directions for the Whitetail Designer Systems, except substitute "auto tanner time" for "pickle bucket time" for the acid. That time frame will be in there pretty close to what you have already experienced. Then just follow up with the Fat-B-Gone, Shrink-Tonic, and Cam L C.

Everyone has reported the same end results with the auto tanner as with a pickle bucket. Difference being the much shorter time in the auto tanner as opposed to three days in a pickle.

One thing that has changed the quo BIG TIME is the use of STOP-ROT on a cape before pickling. What I and others have found is that we DO NOT need to return the cape to the pickle after three days. We just finish up as per original directions, and have been getting better capes to work with by so doing.

I would have to think that the same principles would be working in conjunction with the auto tanner. Leaves some room for experimentation.

Here is a search phrase for the orange button from a post Mark made some time back:

Stop Rot - Whitetail Designer Systems - & The Auto Tanner

I remember another comparatively recent post on the combination. I'll find it, and give you the search phrase.

Don't be afraid to use the toll free, that's what it's for.

Search phrase-orange button

This response submitted by Glen on 2/2/05 at 5:52 PM. ( ) 70.105.88.251

To much stretch?

Return to Tanning Category Menu