krowtanning a boar

Submitted by s on 2/3/05 at 7:46 PM. ( ) 69.136.35.77

Has anyone used Krowtann on a boar? I have one I just finished fleshing. I have used McKenzie Tan in the past..(not on boar) But thought I might try Krow on this boar. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Return to Tanning Category Menu

You will be the first?

This response submitted by Mr. T on 2/3/05 at 8:12 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.125

Well, I don't think that there is an animal on this Earth that hasn't swum in Krowtann. I think you should try it! The archives are full of Krowtann questions submitted by pioneers like you. I think you can use it on a boar, people use it on bear and the only difference is the e in place of the o. I think Krowtann should list in the directions all the animals that can, and cannot be tanned in it. That way we wouldn't have to ask another Krowtann question ever again.

List all of them?

This response submitted by John C on 2/3/05 at 9:10 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

There is not enough room to list even animal in the world.

I read somewhere many moons ago where a hog was tanned in Krowtann and came out good.

Since I dont mount Hog, boar, swine. I cannot say for sure, but try a small piece of hide and you will know.

Just dont flesh the hair roots! Or nothing will hold the hair in place.

Yes I krowtanned a boar.

This response submitted by Todd B on 2/4/05 at 9:10 AM. ( ) 4.225.18.158

It worked just like any other skin I have used it on. Mounted up with decent stretch.

Todd B

You Will Need To Degrease Him

This response submitted by Russell on 2/5/05 at 10:03 AM. ( averytaxidermy@mindspring.com ) 207.69.13.149

I used it on a boar and it turned out great. You will need to degrease him though before he goes in the tan.

This response submitted by Russell on 2/5/05 at 10:07 AM. ( averytaxidermy@mindspring.com ) 207.69.13.149

I used it on a boar and it turned out great. You will need to degrease him though before he goes in the tan.

This response submitted by Russell on 2/5/05 at 10:09 AM. ( averytaxidermy@mindspring.com ) 207.69.13.149

Return to Tanning Category Menu