George, Rinehart's Tanning Cream is not much!

Submitted by John C on 2/5/05 at 11:31 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

George do you know what chemicals
BTA and BTH and Potassium Benzoate are?

Well my chemist friend broke down your favorite tanning cream and that is what is in your cream tan, well along with fish oil aka bisulphinated tanning oil

Those first three chemicals are FOOD PRESERVATIVES.

Those and a touch a formic acid.

Maybe older is better, hell even you have to agree that the new tans have not been around long enough to see if they will outlast the old standards.

Lutan is WW-II era knowledge. Yea thats right the fricken NAZI's developed it! Wonder if they tanned and human skin with it?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

John, anyone who'd use alum shouldn't throw stones

This response submitted by George on 2/5/05 at 11:42 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.131

John Rinehart was tanning hides with his food preservatives a long time ago and it worked then and is still working. Let me just give you one SMALL clue. Ever heard of "vegetable tan"? Guess what those are John. FOOD PRESERVATIVES! The prime ingredient in snake tans is VINEGAR. The same vinegar and alum that's used to make cucumber pickles can also be used to tan hides. Is there some method to this revelation?

You guys on the Nazi kick sort of wear thin. You know they also invented heavy water, the prime material for atomic weapons. Perfected the jet aircraft and rocket travel. Guess what the civic center in Huntsville was called and what the laboratory outside Huntsville is called? How about Von Braun? Ring any bells? Their macabre and sadistic doctors, many of which were never prosecuted after the war, were the discoverers of new and innovative medical procedures that we use NOT AS TORTURE, but as treatment today.

ya!

This response submitted by eric on 2/6/05 at 4:58 AM. ( beartrapman@webtv.net ) 216.114.124.121

good post George!
A+
ej

Rineharts tan

This response submitted by Randy on 2/6/05 at 11:39 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.131

As the original discover of the acid that Mr.RITTLE now markets as saftey acid I can tell you that I have never had a whitetail or any other skin slip after tanning. I have tried every brush on tan in the market and RINEHARTS is the best by far and away.

So you finally admit LUTAN is an OLD TAN

This response submitted by John C on 2/6/05 at 1:31 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

No the Nazis did not perfect the things you posted George.
They were the beginning. Only the begining.

Perfected? Why is research still going on then, why did everything not stagnate 50 years ago?

Alum has been there done that and still its a good tan!

The so called new tans are not time tested!!

animal vacines

This response submitted by eric on 2/6/05 at 1:47 PM. ( beartrapman@webtv.net ) 216.114.124.121

and the fromm brothers [4] were the first to develope animal vacines on there research silver fox farm in hamburg wisconsin. all pet owners owe a thank you to the fur industry!
thank you!
ej

John

This response submitted by - on 2/6/05 at 2:20 PM. ( ) 216.144.58.85

If your chemist friend 'broke down the material' solely for you to come on here and "expose", as some sort of falsehood or other, you could be liable for intellectual property violations and industrial espionage.
I wouldn't brag about that kind of thing if I were you.

Who cares if it sucks? Use something else, or keep telling them to send it to a tannery.

I don't use this stuff, never have, never will, so no opinion on it either way.

I still fail to find a point in the original

This response submitted by George on 2/6/05 at 9:21 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.131

Except alum sucked in 1950 and nothing's changed in my opinion. I used Lutan after I found alum washing out of the hides.

As far as "perfecting" I'd say something was "perfected" when it fly and leaded safely more often than it exploded and killed the pilot. If Hitler had had his brain functional, those "perfected" weapons might have insured that everyone spoke German today instead of English.

Industrial Espoinage, oops to bad

This response submitted by John C on 2/7/05 at 2:25 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Nope its not, until you try to replicate it.

intellectual property violations; Nope not that one either, once the item or chemical is sold it can be researched for improvement without threat.

Now if I take the knowledge of what has been found and try to restructure for sale or retail, it may become a Patent violation.

I would have to be retailing a like product for any violation to occure.

Even so, look at all the like drugs that hit the market at about the same time. I am sure the drug companies would be in court over that!

Anyway I have zero intention of reinventing any paint on tan.

If I was going to do that I would choose TC-9 to copy. Certianly not an edible product like Rineharts cream.

One good thing about JRTS

This response submitted by George on 2/7/05 at 3:53 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.131

You don't need a book to use it and no one askes 600 different questions about it, no one has shrinkage problems with it, and no one is ever concerned about it washing out or disintegrating down the road. Better eat your veggies, John. Make sure you skip the pickles, however. They had alum on them.

Return to Tanning Category Menu