carolina Fur dressing

Submitted by Scott on 2/6/05 at 4:43 PM. ( LSanta@sc.rr.com ) 24.211.120.25

Has anyone used the services of Tarheel Taxidermy that does all turning,fleshing,tanning from frozen skins.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

yes

This response submitted by -piney on 2/6/05 at 5:12 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.74

they do great work then you can have carolina tann your stuff.

Well

This response submitted by Kim C. on 2/6/05 at 8:28 PM. ( Bubba's Taxidermy ) 66.82.9.67

we will never use them again. Sent several items to them came back like crap. We didnt have them sent to be tanned just wanted it fleshed and turned and then sent back. I have pictures of the things sent back deer with red meat still on it ears,nose and eyes not fully turned. A bobcat that looked like it was never touched. We tried them because the guy we use only does it 5 months out of the year and doesnt do small animals. We can do all this ourselfs but to save time we farmed out this nasty little job BUT never again to Tarheel.
We now just do our own work and still just farm out the w/t 5 months of the year and do it ourselfs after that time.
I know some of you may use them this is just my opion of them. They may be great if you have it sent on to the tannery so things get finished.But not to do it and return it to you to tan it is no saving of time at all.

Kim C.
Bubba's Taxidermy

I thought about using them..

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 2/6/05 at 11:12 PM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 152.163.100.74

but then a great guy named oldshaver was good enough to tell me about The Wildlife Gallery in Blanchard Mi. that does all the prep work and tanning with great results. Good stretch, excellent tan, and satisfactory turn around time. Peace- Jeff F.

And I thought you were a nice dude

This response submitted by oldshaver on 2/7/05 at 6:13 AM. ( ) 68.221.45.65

Jeff, now I KNOW you are on the payroll of the WLG!

Kim

This response submitted by os on 2/7/05 at 6:27 AM. ( ) 68.221.45.65

Just went and told Tarheel about your post. I was informed that they bent over backwards and forwards to try to make you happy, and it couldnt be done. They FLESH skins, not shave them for you to DP or Krowwtan. When I get time tonight, I will search and post your other response talking about how good of a job they did.

Very satisfied

This response submitted by Joe on 2/7/05 at 7:49 AM. ( jkulis@kastaway.com ) 69.215.99.174

I started sending deer then moose and elk capes this fall to help with our work load. I was very concerned about what they would be like, for never sent anything out, just fleshed here, then sent to tannery. I was on edge until I saw the final product. I have always used Carolina Fur, so not concerned with the tanning, but the prep work is very important. I have been very happy with the final product, no cuts, in fact they do a better job then the guys here do. Noting wrong with Tarheel and Carolina Fur.

Os

This response submitted by Kim C on 2/7/05 at 9:44 AM. ( Bubba's Taxidermy ) 66.82.9.76

Os,
So glad you went and told Tarheel I said they did a bad job. I have then pictures of the work they did or should I say didnt do. As far as I know when you tell someone you are going to flesh out their capes and turn everything then you are saying you are doing it then it is ready to start tanning and I USE Ez-100 on my capes NOT DP and yes I have and do use Krowtann on my small game. As far as them bending over backwards to work things out with us it isnt true. But you know I was giving my opion to someone who asked for it. I said some of you may be fine with having a halfa$$ job done and thats fine. We like to get what we pay for and are told we are getting!
As I said before I said what I wanted to about them in answering a request for an opion on them. Opions are like a$$holes you take the ones that dont smell that bad to you!
Kim C.
Bubba's Taxidermy

Sorry Oldshaver

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 2/7/05 at 10:01 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.74

I couldn't resist!(LOL) I wish you were correct about the payroll. I could use another check around here. Jeff F.

Gift Certificate ?

This response submitted by Pat on 2/7/05 at 11:10 AM. ( ) 65.164.110.234

Jeff

If you're NOT on WLG payroll maybe you should be hitting them up for some free services for all the plugs you give em.

Good luck

Kim

This response submitted by oldshaver on 2/7/05 at 11:53 AM. ( ) 68.221.45.65

I will leave this alone after this, but if you were going to use EZ-100, why were your capes requested to be sent back frozen, and not dry salted? Just curious?

How's that search going on Kim C?

This response submitted by David Patton on 2/7/05 at 10:00 PM. ( ) 12.76.241.255

Just wondering OS, maybe you will have more time later?

Oldshaver

This response submitted by Kim C. on 2/8/05 at 8:22 AM. ( ekcollins@direcway.com ) 128.192.139.89

to save time on having them shipped back.
Kim C.

Return to Tanning Category Menu