auto tanner question

Submitted by Randy on 2/8/05 at 2:12 AM. ( ) 216.174.52.130

Just purchased a used auto tanner .Its in good shape and runs perfect. My question is should there be one or more baffles inside the tank to stir the hides.There are no baffles but evidence there once was.All help and response much appreciated.thanks

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Yes

This response submitted by Jack F on 2/8/05 at 6:01 AM. ( ) 24.97.78.149

Randy, There are two or three metal fingers that are in there to turn the capes as it spins. Some one has removed them out of yours apparently. With out those I would think things would just stay in the bottom while the barrel turned. The machine does not turn fast enough to create the (inercia spelling) that it would take to get the hole solution and capes to spin. Resulting in a watse of time and electric in my book. Some one always thinks they know best. Jack F

Tanner will work

This response submitted by Allan on 2/8/05 at 6:59 AM. ( ) 66.117.107.223

The tanner will work with out turning hides.I use mine all the time without turning.In fact I have thought about cutting the stubs on the inside of the tank out myself after the third deer cape was runed by the stub catching on the eye hole and ripping it open.

I believe

This response submitted by Jack F on 2/9/05 at 3:20 AM. ( ) 24.97.78.149

That the machine works by atomizing the tanning solution. Whitch aids the solution penatration into the skin as it is lifted from the bulk of the solution. If the cape is just left in the bulk of the solution it is nothing more then a pickle bath and may take longer to penatrate the skin fully. Mine has never injured or ruined any cape. I have tanned everything from squirrels to bears in mine. If you open your machine right after it stops turning you will see it is foggy inside that is the mist it creates while turning. The air preasure then pushs this into the skin. Maybe someone could explain better. Jack F

Return to Tanning Category Menu