What is Krowtann

Submitted by T on 2/9/05 at 10:01 PM. ( ) 64.136.27.227

Do you use it for tanning bird skins?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Take this for what it's worth, Krowtan

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 2/9/05 at 10:16 PM. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 152.163.100.130

Take this for what it's worth, do a search, orange button, google search, type Krowtan, you will find all you need to know, plus what markets it, and give them a call, we could tell you anything and how would you know the differane, this question is asked 50 times a month, I don't know why people who want to know something about a product don't go to the source. Then they would explain it to you, and then tell you to do a search on the taxidermy.net search, (orange Button), and you will find all the testomony you want.

Here is one example of what you can find in the seach, (orange button):

George-there are alot of beginners out there
This response submitted by Brian Harness on 1/25/05 at 10:03 PM. ( ) 162.39.135.58
George,
I'm sorry you feel compelled to answer "dumb" questions about Krowtann. If you were in the supply business, you would know the tremendous turnover in taxidermy. Most of the beginners are on the net trying to find out more about taxidermy. I've seen you get upset at questions asked that were maybe answered a few days prior. Please realize that not everybody spends as much time on the net as you do. If someone asks your opinion, this is America, give it. However, I have an easy solution for you when it is a question just thrown out for anyone to answer.....DON'T RESPOND. If you feel you have to respond, then I have another solution for this dilema.......tell them to call somebody that knows what is in the tan and the people who have tested it....OZARK WOODS 1-800-467-0369 It will not cost them a dime. Thanks Brian

i agree with Brian

This response submitted by Jaames on 2/9/05 at 10:36 PM. ( ) 207.69.136.201

I agree with Brian in that if someone asks a question and you dont want to answer then just dont. Some people get on here for the first time and dont know same question has been asked and dont know about search button yet, either answer their question constructively or just keep your comments to yourself. I have used Krowtan and unlike George and some others and very pleased with it. James

Jaames

This response submitted by PA on 2/10/05 at 5:22 AM. ( ) 24.3.179.164

Well I hope you have lots of spare time because I EXPECT you to answer the next 1000 questions pertaining to Krowtan. Anyone who is smart enough to pose a question on a computer interface is also smart enough to read the opening page of this forum which says "what do you want to know" and has to be blind to not see the orange button on the left. Either way, there is a lot of ignorant people out there. It was Mr. Waites suggestion to have the orange button, and to highlight it so everyone visiting doesn't ask the same question over and over again.
People also get indignant when no one answers their questions. At least the question was answered. Jaames, I also expect you to be on this forum 24-7, so that all Krowtann answers are prompt. If you would have left your email address, I could send you reminders of questions you had not yet answered.

T, bird skins are better left un-tanned.

unlike some, not enough time

This response submitted by James on 2/10/05 at 8:30 AM. ( ) 192.234.241.102

Well PA, unlike some on here I do not have enough time to spend all my time on here answering questions, as some of us do have a life other than just being on here, but when i do answer one it is for the most part more constructive than cutting someone down for not knowing everything about how to use this site. I do not claim to know everything on here so i answer very few questions especially keeping harping on one or two subjects like some others. And maybe you should not come on here saying i should have left email address when i sure do not see yours either. And judging by the way you answered saying that i shoould be on here 24/7 to answer questions, well I am not going to be, but you must be if you want to send me reminders everytime a Krowtan question is asked.

Then James, take your medicine then

This response submitted by George on 2/10/05 at 8:44 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.130

If you DON'T have enough time to be on here all the time, then obviously you haven't a clue about what goes on here then do you? You're just another one of those snot nosed "stupid" people who come here expected to be pampered and catered to. Do YOURSELF a favor. YOU click the SEARCH button and type in "Krowtann", "krotan", "krotan", and "krotann 2000". Then add those numbers up. Last count I got 600 same dumbass questions. Then type in ANY OTHER TAN YOU CAN THINK OF and add them all together. When I did, I got less that 400 COMBINED questions on those hundreds of other tans out there. To top it off, this is an alum tan, the harshest, most fickle tan you could use. Scroll down to PA's posting about the great taxidermist Hornaday and read why you'd be hard pressed to ever find an example of his work other than pictures. He used an ALUM TAN and they self destructed.

People like you can't be taught and you're probably the same person who'd post a question and when NOBODY answered it, post the question again demanding that someone answered it. Your type are dime a dozen here. PA explained it quite well for those literate enough to understand.

New total on search button

This response submitted by Bradlee on 2/10/05 at 9:16 AM. ( ) 12.215.49.73

670 in the archives as of now on krowtan in every way I can find to spell it . That is alot ain't it George . I just had to look and You are right . Bradlee

People who know it all....

This response submitted by Travis on 2/10/05 at 10:11 AM. ( ) 68.102.253.173

Seem to be the ones who have too much time on their hands and act as if they run this site...I hardly ever post here anymore but keep an eye on the new threads each day...this place is so flooded with ego anymore that it`s quite useless to even come here unless ya use the "orange button" to get what your looking for. I`m trying to think of what questioned hasn`t been answered yet? Maybe they should just shut the site down and have only the "orange button"...the fact is that new people show up here all the time and then they read a post like this where people are getting called names for asking "stupid questions"...so whats the point of this site? It`s getting to where the egos are a "dime a dozen"....

Thanx Travis

This response submitted by George on 2/10/05 at 10:40 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.130

Now YOUR ego is on here as well.

your welcome

This response submitted by Travis on 2/10/05 at 10:54 AM. ( ) 68.102.253.173

what about his welcome?

This response submitted by Griz on 2/10/05 at 12:17 PM. ( ) 69.66.86.57

"You are" is contracted as "you're" not "your"

your is referring to someones else's belongings

george

This response submitted by james on 2/10/05 at 12:32 PM. ( ) 192.234.241.102

Well George, I see you got to give your 2 cents worth again, as usual, for your info i am not a snotty nosed stupid people as i do have 2 college degrees, own and run a very sucessful s professional surveying business and a small part time taxidermy shop. I run both business with the philosophy of being nice to clients and others and have very good success with it. I know I as well as anyone else on here is not as much a genius as you are, as well as live on this site as you, but i do look on here enough to know what is going on. Most people do not have the hangups you have as far as thinking this site is theirs, i also agree that you do help a lot of people from time to time, but at other times you are quite simply an a**hole, peroid. I know there are 1000s of questions over and over aboout krowtan but there is also a remark from you on probably 90% of them, maybe if everyone just quit giving smart a** remarks about it then the questions qould cease.

I got what I wanted............

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 2/10/05 at 12:46 PM. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 64.12.116.130

My Grandpa use to say:
You can have all the Roosters and Hens you want in the chicken house, but unless you get out of bed and go out and look under the Hen, you ain't got no eggs, to eat.

We need more Grandpa saying added to the archive!

This response submitted by PA on 2/10/05 at 1:55 PM. ( ) 147.72.68.109

If you search on "Grandpa" and "Waites" there are only 18 responses.

Thanks Jaames for the good words.

James, what does that prove

This response submitted by George on 2/10/05 at 4:34 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.130

Water takes 212 degrees to boil and John Kerry has a degree. Is there some correlation about degrees. I have NONE, but it really doesn't seem to make any difference to the dead deer in my shop. One thing you'll learn if you hang around long enough is that taxidermy is like no other business you'll ever be in. After dealing with people from one end of the mentality scale to the other, you find that there's a brotherhood of stupidity that isn't influenced by education. The very worst thing I can hear is someone wanting to tell me how over qualified he is after he's slit the throat and run a tag through the ear of a deer. Being educated is simply a title someone gave you. Being intelligent has nothing to do with diplomas. I don't feel particularly out of place dealing with either group. How about you?

krowtan

This response submitted by J on 2/10/05 at 6:38 PM. ( ) 66.249.36.43

George, if you have nothing costructive please do not reply! youve shown this web your insulance and ignorance repeatedly.if you could just reply every 90 days everyone could keep up with your ignorance!

J, you only have TWO posts on the archives

This response submitted by George on 2/10/05 at 10:34 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.130

And BOTH of them are stupid. I must have a couple dozen and I've been told at least a couple of them worked as advertised. Your batting average is just like you: minor league.

I got what I wanted, clarify....

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 2/11/05 at 5:03 PM. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 152.163.100.130

I should have clarified the comment, what I meant was, I have been reading the post about Krowtan, and how people say don't respond. Well, I wanted to tell the person how he could find more information, than I wanted to type, I even copied and paste.

It seems like everybody, still had to respond, even the ones who were giving their opinion, of, if you don't like the post, don't respond. Well, you all, responded anyway. But eventually, if responding, properly, or, as some would think, improperly, the topic has been getting covered.

I only wonder, if the sales of Krowtan, are going up, I would have to say yes.

My Grandpa use to say:
You all go ahead, and say what you want, but those, inexperienced and politicians, ain't gonna pay any attention anyway. rw

Return to Tanning Category Menu