Krowtann 2000 health effects?

Submitted by David on 2/19/05 at 3:48 PM. ( ) 207.91.30.85

Hi i have done searches on 4 diffrent search pages and on here. And i never came up with an answer..I want to know what the health effects of being in contact with krowtann is.. when i am tanning skins i usually use my hand to take them out and move them and then to neutralize them also.. my had and any scrapes on my hand always feel a little strange and sting.. i am also wondering if breathing the vapors i harmfull.. not direct but from being close to the solution.. I know it says on the bottle to use hand and eye protection and to try not to breathe vapors but how harmfull is it really? I am 16 and have a long life ahead of me and i dont want to mess up my mind from not being carefull enough around hazardous chemicals.. i usually wear a carbon face mask filter for working with lacquer thinners but not with krowtann.. any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Good Post, on Health effects, of Krowtann 2000

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 2/19/05 at 4:06 PM. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 64.12.116.74

At least now, when someone post the next question, on the effects of Krowtann 2000, the way you have the header line, all responses from this post should come up, and hopefully all the information you need will have been posted here by everyone, that has used it, or has knowledge of it's hazzards.

I don't know all the answers to your questions. But, I would always wear protective gloves and eye care. One thing to remember is this, all people are not effected the same way.

Breathing anything, that makes you want to constrict your lungs, can't be good. Otherwise, why would your lungs, act the way they did.

I have used it off and on for the last three years, and I have wore gloves and eye protection, and have no problems from it. On the other hand, I have not always wore a respirator, and I don't seem to have any ill effects, but,it always ticks me off, when I think I will just turn my head, and hold my breath, and still get a whiff of it. You would think I would learn.

Always ask for an MSDS Sheet!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 2/19/05 at 4:37 PM. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.138.201

Always ask for an MSDS Sheet if you are concerned about a product. It's required by law that the supplier supply one. The Sheet will tell you exactly how to handle spills, skin contact or other accidents. Contact Ozark Woods for their MSDS Sheet and that should give you all the info you need. They must have one on file.

Side effects

This response submitted by Mr. T on 2/19/05 at 5:08 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.182

Using Krowtann without protection will cause you to use lower case letters when you should use upper case letters such as when using the letter I. Wearing rubber gloves will stop the tingling in the hands, and wearing a carbon facemask filter will possibly help in keeping the lungs from getting a cancer of some sort. You may live a long time anyway, but if you want to enjoy it with good health, wear protection in all you do whether it be wearing seat belts or FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS on chemical labels. If Krowtann or any other type of tanning solution will turn things to leather, how can you think that it will not turn your hands to leather? Safety first always.

Uh uh uh

This response submitted by George on 2/19/05 at 5:34 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.74

What are the side effects of using acids on bare skin? And don't bet on that "long life ahead of you" if you keep bobbing for apples in acid without some kind of barrier protections. Geez.

The directions

This response submitted by Becky P on 2/20/05 at 6:35 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.74

say to use eye and hand protection. USE IT. It wouldn't say it, if you didn't need it. BP

krow-soap

This response submitted by david on 2/26/05 at 11:21 PM. ( ) 65.17.143.54

In the WASCO directions (#8) it says if you shampoo the fur use krow-soap. Where can i purchase krow-soap?
THANKS

Return to Tanning Category Menu