Krowtann 2000

Submitted by Wolf Man on 2/26/05 at 1:28 PM. ( ) 24.151.151.81

Was wondering if anyone has used Krowtann 2000? Would like to know if it lives up to all it says before trying it out. It sounds almost to good to be true if you know what I Mean.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Never heard of the stuff

This response submitted by Humm on 2/26/05 at 1:37 PM. ( ) 68.20.218.59

I bet its the best stuff to hit the taxidermy world in 30yrs-- eh George!

It's all a communist plot

This response submitted by George on 2/26/05 at 1:44 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.130

How else can you explain the ignorance of this topic continuing like this. Or then again, maybe it's stupid people breeding that led to this. Who knows?

Use the search button of just read the last months archives/

This response submitted by John C on 2/26/05 at 1:45 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Yep a lot of people are using it and its very good.

Krowtann

This response submitted by Wolf Man on 2/26/05 at 1:46 PM. ( ) 24.151.151.81

It is on page 258 of the Van Dyke's catalog. It claims to be one step tanning. No salting, no oiling, no pH checks. Simply rough flesh, mix the tan, soak 3-4 days, final fleshing, neutralize wash and mount. Sounds great, would like to hear from someone who has tried it though.

Krowtann

This response submitted by Becky P on 2/26/05 at 2:33 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.74

I've had good results with it. BP

Wolf Man, I'll TRY to be nice

This response submitted by George on 2/26/05 at 3:10 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.130

I'm going to ASSUME you're new to this site. If so, you should have read the opening page where it has a special block entitled "What do you want to know". You could have typed it "Krowtann, Krowtann 2000, Krotan, krotan, crowtan," or half a dozen other variations. It would have given you over 700 threads talking about this reinvention of the wheel, antiquated, harsh, tan that will wash out in a good rainstorm, poor substitute for Dry Preservative, Tan. This forum fields an average of one post per day just like yours but seldom fields a single post concerning a REAL tanning product. In fact, had you only scrolled down the listings in the TANNING category, on 1/25/05, read the comments of the guy who markets the product under "HEY GEORGE". Then use that 800 number he suggested.

George

This response submitted by Wolf Man on 2/26/05 at 3:35 PM. ( ) 24.151.151.81

Sorry to have wasted your time. I am new, have never mounted my first deer yet. Just now reading and studying taxidermy. I'm the type of person before I do anything I try to study everything I can find out about it before I do my first project. Looking for a hobby and maybe to open a shop in a few years. Thought it would be something for when I retire and maybe a business my sons would like to get into. Was new to this web site. Asked my question after seeing the ad in Van Dyke's. Since this morning, after your comments I have explored the site and the forum more. Mybe I should have done this first because then I would have learned that you are not the person, no mater how much knowledge you have that I want to talk to. This is a great idea for people who need help or for the beginers, but also bad to have such a person on it as you. If you are so high and mighty and are tired of "stupid people and stupid questions" why do you stay around. God bless all of you that look to help people on this site. George, I think someone needs to teach you some manners the old fashion way. To all others, keep up the good work.

looks llike King George has spoken.

This response submitted by woodchick on 2/26/05 at 5:23 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.74

PLEASE George just humor me for a minute. I assume that you came out of the womb being a master taxidermist!. you forget that some of the people on this site are new not only to taxidermy but maybe to using computers.It seems to me that you have alot of time to sit an criticize people on questions they ask. you cant expect that everybody is as genius as you . you must have had a bad experience when you were in school all those years ago to have to belittle just about everybody that comes on this forum that asks for help. Rather than wasting another post on snyde remarks and beligerant behavior, why dont you just answer the question at hand. Didnt anyone ever tell you that if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all.. I can understand if you had a bad experience with somebody and was venting a little. But all you do is perpetually bit#h! and call people names. Lets grow up a little . You are a smart man but you sound more like a smart ass most of the time.

Not sticking up for him but

This response submitted by Steve D on 2/26/05 at 7:21 PM. ( aaa_taxidermy@yahoo.com ) 70.105.228.246

I'll admit some of the snide comments on this site are a little uncalled for (not just from George but allot of people) but I also understand were George (and others) is coming from, for the most part. LOL The redundancy of some of the questions is at times just a little monotonous to say the least. Krowtan is probably at the head of the list. There are probably a couple of hundred threads about it that can be found in the search with no problem. Even someone just coming on here or someone that doesn't know allot about computers I would think reads at least a few threads before they submit a question and in doing so I'm sure they learn about the little orange search button (the only orange button on here) and what it is for. I really don't think it is just George that this seems to bother as I read some of the same comments from others over time you'll learn that's just George, he keeps things lively, LOL. Id like to think we are all here to learn and at the same time teach if possible and try to direct others in ways to do things that they may not know, but all I can say to those of you just finding this site, kick back, ask questions and someone will try to help as best we can, direct if you can, and take it all in stride, and mark my words after just a few short weeks of really paying attention to this site you'll understand were George (and others myself included) are coming from and you'll be right there with us pulling your own hair out and yet still trying to help. Just my .02cents worth hope it helps you understand this site a little better.

King George

This response submitted by KH on 2/26/05 at 8:28 PM. ( ) 208.38.77.159

I also feel that George is rather rude and should learn a little to have alittle respect for others. He complains that the same old questions keep getting asked. But I must say that I'm more sick of reading the same old smart assed comments that George respondes with. atleast these questions are from different people. Which is more understandable then geting the same response from the same person over and over.

KH, Woodchick

This response submitted by George on 2/26/05 at 11:31 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.74

I'll just scratch through your names on my Christmas card list, but what really frosts my butt is that YOU TWO are just like dozens of others here who have an opinion about MY ANSWERS,but if I paid either of you a dime for those YOU'VE ANSWERED, I'd go hungry at McDonalds using their dollar menu. You both speak of "old time manners", yet it's pretty obvious you don't have a clue what those manners entailed. You didn't just walk into a room and blurt out something without making sure what the room was all about.

And I'm sorry, but this Krotann crap has run its course on here a dozen times. Suddenly it's a wildfire of renaissance to the tanning industry. It's marketed as a product that works as simply as dry preservative yet does the job of a real tan. It's true to some degree but all this hype is over a method that was replaced years ago by more efficient and better methods.

I'll ask you again. Go back through all the thread that have been submitted just this year and you tell me how many times that same question has been asked on this forum. I'll help ANYBODY, ANYTIME, but I do expect them to help themselves just a little bit. I don't see any respect from these people coming on here with their ass hanging out begging for underwear.

Now, for all you Krowtann lovers and admirers, I'm going to do one thing. This is the LAST post I'll make about what crap I think it is. Instead, I'll only post a single number. Each time I see "How Good is Krowtann" or any derivative, I'm just going to post a number. That will be the number of times that post is listed already in the archives. Then maybe you can see how stupid this issue is. (Somehow, though, I seriously doubt it.)

Two words for the search

This response submitted by JOhnnnnyyyyyy on 2/27/05 at 1:51 AM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Type in the same box GEORGE and KROWTANN you will get over 80 responses

type in George hates Krowtann and you dont get one!

George loves Krowtann and you get 19 returns!

wow

This response submitted by 123 on 2/27/05 at 1:53 AM. ( ) 12.104.183.126

he must be constipated

How bout a new name....

This response submitted by JC on 2/27/05 at 4:58 AM. ( ) 204.62.206.252

Georgetann 3000!

Woodchick and Faux George

This response submitted by daveP on 2/27/05 at 7:11 AM. ( ) 12.76.211.116

Ya'll are only fooling the people that are new to this site. I have read your schizo conversations before.

Modern technology, ain't it great!

You can try, but you will never match the writing style of the real George Roof.

Your Right George!

This response submitted by woodchick on 2/27/05 at 5:37 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.130

Your always right. wether you like krowtann or not, that is your opinion. you know the old saying" opinions are like a$$holes everybody's got one".I just wish you wouldnt be so nasty.as for you daveP you can kiss my a$$. hows that for writing style. I guess that you refer to "schizo" conversations you mean when I had a legitimate problem with somebody? or a legitimate question? oh ya gottcha!as far as the # of posts, we'll all I can say is that I dont have as much time as george to sit at the computer all day.

Woodchick

This response submitted by daveP on 2/27/05 at 9:22 PM. ( ) 12.76.214.127

Classy wench aren't you!

Like living in the shadow of the great one? Hmmmmm.....

hmmmmmm....

This response submitted by ... on 2/28/05 at 2:55 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.74

just another opinion!

Return to Tanning Category Menu