whitetail desighner systems

Submitted by jody on 5/8/05 at 11:40 AM. ( ) 68.89.198.102

any one used this tan yet?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

YEP

This response submitted by Ritchie on 5/8/05 at 10:44 PM. ( ferrier@cfw.com ) 209.145.70.236

That's all I use since I first tried Glen's system. I treat all my capes with Stop Rot when they are first caped out and put them in the freezer. Pull them out when ready to work on them and I use WDT acid to pickle...usually only takes 24 hrs if pre treated w/ Stop Rot. pH will spike around 3.0. Nice white skin , shaves great and very flexible. Just follow Glen's direction's and you won't be dissapointed.

Richie hows the sewing using this tan

This response submitted by paul e on 5/9/05 at 1:14 PM. ( amfpaul@bellsouth.net ) 65.6.117.162

ive been using krowtann but im about to make a order
gonna spread my wings and try ez100 and Glens system
hows the texture of the skin
is it easy to pass a needle through and hows the shrinkage
and over all color change when finished drying
want some opinions from people using it

p.s. i used stop rot on all my capes so far this year
great product

thanks

This response submitted by jody on 5/9/05 at 6:38 PM. ( ) 68.89.204.200

ive read up on this method and it sounds like they have studied skin very well.the only thing i question is after pickling they use cam-l-c for the final step which should be the tan.but they dont call it a tan.its a leather conditioner.so is the hide tanned or not?

Sewing a WTDS tan cape

This response submitted by Ritchie on 5/9/05 at 10:40 PM. ( ferrier@cfw.com ) 216.12.43.237

Paul- Sews very easy. I always try and shave my seam line thin anyway which helps a lot. Even in areas that are left a little thick it still sews easily.
Jody- Yes it is a tan. Glen (Conley) puts everything under a microscope..literally! He knows his collegen,fat,and protein!
Go to www.hidetanning.net and click on Grizz Quiz. He saved an acid swelled cape that I "cooked" in citric acid. The cape mounted great. Just follow the directions.

Paul's other questions

This response submitted by R on 5/9/05 at 10:47 PM. ( ferrier@cfw.com ) 216.12.43.237

Forgot your other questions. I get more strech using the WTDS than any other tan I've used, but I don't claim to be very experienced and have only used a couple others. The skin is snow white and there is no affect on the hair color. Let me know what you think after you have tried it.

IM STIL LEARNING

This response submitted by paul e on 5/10/05 at 10:59 AM. ( amfpaul@bellsouth.net ) 65.6.117.162

did my first mount when i wa 18
im in my forties
id have to ask my wife how old i am i dont remember lately
i try to learn from everyone and try knew things and keep a open mind

p.s. the other ? was about the color change after dried
krowtann doesnt change color much
i put a little krowoil on the eyes,nose and lips after mounting
ive done that for as long as i can remember
it worked with liqua tan also

Return to Tanning Category Menu