How to display fox skins

Submitted by Trisha on 5/15/05 at 12:05 AM. ( ) 68.55.30.101

Thanks to the information I've found on the forum, I've just successfully finished my first fox hides. Now all I've got left to do is finish them off to display them, but I'm not sure what's the best way to do it.

All I've seen is the pelts people have ready for making into garments. Is there some standard way to display the skins? It looks odd to have the legs out at 45 degree angles, but if I sew the underside together I don't see the full pelt. Any suggestions?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Make a Fox Rug!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 5/15/05 at 8:39 PM. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.137.139

Make a Fox rug like our Rittel's Logo. It's an excellent way to display a fox - and if you back it with felt and add rings - you can hang it flat on the wall. If you havent seen our logo - e-mail me by clicking on our address: Rittel@mindspring.com

I'll forward you a copy and paste copy of it.

Thanks

This response submitted by Trisha on 5/16/05 at 11:21 PM. ( ) 68.55.30.101

I saw the logo and think I will go ahead w/ a backing to make a rug or a hanging. That makes it pretty versatile and would probably work for draping over a bookshelf or something, too.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Return to Tanning Category Menu