info - skin parka

Submitted by Gianrico Gualtieri on 5/18/05 at 3:28 PM. ( gian_gualtieri@yahoo.fr ) 62.203.136.122

Hello,
I'm looking for a skin parka (seal skin, caribou skin or other wild skin). I would like buy it on-line or to find somebody who can made it for me.

TIA for any help,

Best regards

Gianrico

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Contact me!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 5/19/05 at 9:48 AM. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.138.11

Please e-mail me at: Rittel@mindspring.com

I will be working with some Native Americans within the next 2 weeks and I may have a lead for you to contact. Skin Parkas are part of their natural culture - and they are very professional at sewing! I should be available after June 6th!

David Greene Furrier in Anchorage Alaska USA

This response submitted by jerry on 5/22/05 at 2:06 PM. ( ) 71.12.169.16

You should be able to do a search and find them on the web. There are quite a few other furriers in Anchorage that can help also if you are unable to find David Greene. I would however recommend that you wait on the followup from Bruce Rittel, there IS a difference in what Natives produce and what is produced in the 'factory.' My family spent 24 years in Alaska and my wife and kids have beautiful parkas made by local ladies in the villages.

Return to Tanning Category Menu