Instructions for Leidreiter's Kit, anyone?

Submitted by Kathryn on 8/15/05 at 3:00 AM. ( katric@ripnet .aunz.com ) 210.211.65.152

I dragged out the Leidreiter's Kit to tan some small skins but the instruction notes I had have gone missing (we moved!). I washed the salted skins well before putting them in the tanning solution and plan to remove them from the solution now, wash them well with a mild detergent, then rinse ... and the rest is a bit of a blurr. To what extent should I allow them to dry before applying the leatherlube? Can anyone refresh my memory here? I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who's used Leidreiter's products as I really don't want to stuff up the job at this stage! Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Leidreiters

This response submitted by Danial on 8/15/05 at 11:05 PM. ( cindy@nex.net.au ) 58.84.89.98

Leidreiters is not a very good product. But mix leatherlube 50/50 with water and apply to skin when it is damp, and let it dry it will be fine. Get some Lutan F for your next go and email me after you salt it and I will help.

Return to Tanning Category Menu