How to use Leidreiter's tanning formula?

Submitted by Steve on 8/23/05 at 9:58 AM. ( wassup_2222@hotmail.com ) 203.194.45.171

G'day, i got a cat the other week, skined and salted it and now wish to tan it. Me mate gave me a bootle of leidreiter's tanning formula but had lost the how to use it guide. so i was wondering if yas would know how to use the stuff or where i could find out? i need the mix ratio and everything there after. if yas can help us out that would be good. thanks steve

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Ay Mate

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 8/26/05 at 2:00 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.130

Heres a link that might be able to help you out! Peace. http://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/tanningproducts.htm

Leidreiters answer

This response submitted by Rowan on 8/30/05 at 12:46 AM. ( l44gg@yahoo.com.au ) 203.49.132.127

Hi Steve,
Leidreiters is a great tanning formula, I have used it proffessionally for over twenty years with fantastic results.
Do you have the lube/oil that comes with the tanning liquid? You must use this particular oil, or one for chrome tanning to get good results or the skin will be a bit stiff.
To mix up the stuff ( I assume you have the 500ml bottle ), add the bottle of tanning formula to 38 litres of water and two kilos of salt. Add the skin/s ( one bottle will tan six kilos of skin ) and stir a few times in the first hour and twice a day till it is tanned through, it should take 3 - 5 days depending on the thickness.
After washing the skin, oil it when it is damp but not wet, let dry then break.
Hope this helps,
Rowan

Add on to my answer

This response submitted by Rowan on 8/30/05 at 12:49 AM. ( l44gg@yahoo.com.au ) 203.49.132.127

Just another thing,
Leidreiter's have gone out of business but the formula has been copied by another company and is sold under the name 'Leder' now.
Rowan

Return to Tanning Category Menu