katrina

Submitted by ej on 9/6/05 at 11:28 PM. ( [] ) 216.114.124.121

maybe this is not the site for this, but since i am a tanner and this is the talk site i hang out at, here goes..
when i came of age in the sixties. and nuclear testing abound. there was also experiments going on in cloud seeding. and with some success as i recall. why can't the federal government drop a couple hundred large transport plane loads of dry ice crystls in the northeast quandrant of that hurricane? i bet it would knock it down to a catigory 2 or 3 or so. hurricanes feed on heat don't they? anyway what would be the harm in have our scientist try this on a couple those new hurricanes forming out in the atlantic right now.
ej

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Cmon EJ

This response submitted by Mark on 9/7/05 at 12:07 AM. ( Shmockaloc@cox.net ) 68.107.188.229

Are you kidding us here? What would oil and big business gain out of that? Ej better take you conspiracy theory to another forum. I was told a month prior by your media that I would pay 3 bucks a gallon by Labor Day. Damn good thing they had something to blame it on. They almost didnt make it! Definately needed the sixty five cent push for sure.
End of sarcasm <poof>

Good luck w/ your tanning.

DOn't you think if they could...

This response submitted by marty on 9/7/05 at 9:17 AM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

...do what you're proposing, they would? Keep in mind that they don't know a whole heck of a lot about hurricanes. And, they can be like Katrina - 250 miles across, or up to 1000 miles across. I suspect what you're proposing would have very little impact if any on something of this size...

It Was........

This response submitted by Old Fart on 9/7/05 at 5:13 PM. ( ) 64.122.57.104

.....Experimented with to INCREASE the intensity of small cloud masses to create rain in drought areas. It was less than successful. And not at all cost efficient. EJ, you'd have to cool the ocean that the system is feeding on not the upper clouds. That condensation effect would actually intensify the system.

then do it.

This response submitted by ej on 9/7/05 at 8:57 PM. ( [] ) 216.114.124.121

then bring in some ice bergs. or just ice cube the ocean. you only have to cool it a little. to weekin the storm. a reduction in 40 mph wind would save a lot of buildings. build them back stronger this time. maybe cool the ocean out ahead of the storm right before shore. cost effective yes if it saves what katrina is going to cost. 200 billion i bet.
ej

Get real

This response submitted by John on 9/7/05 at 9:03 PM. ( ) 68.206.86.247

and put down the crack pipe ej. That is the most non feasable idea I have ever heard. You are talking about 90 degree water. Oh yeah not to mention how to keep the icebergs frozen til they get there. You have to cool it alot! Duh! Geeez that is the dumbest damn thing I have ever heard!

duimb huh!

This response submitted by ej on 9/7/05 at 10:06 PM. ( [] ) 216.114.124.121

ok john. forget any new thinking. use all the refridge units for the bodies.
and john...be sure you do not pickel over 2 weeks it will hurt the hides.
yea right!
ej

New thinking

This response submitted by John on 9/7/05 at 10:54 PM. ( ) 68.206.86.247

is fine as long as it is feasable EJ. But what you are talking about is just not at all within the realm of possibility. You are talking about cooling the Gulf of Mexico for crying out loud. Which averages 90 to 95 degrees during July and August. Disasters happen and that is the way it goes as terrible as it may be. The only thing we can do is try to protect the people that may get in the path. If you live on the coast you have to accept the fact that you may loose everything to a monster hurricane like Katrina. I never said it wasn't good to leave skins in the pickle for extended periods. I said, why would you want to unless it was totally necessary. Get your facts straight.

Change is Bad..

This response submitted by Marc A on 9/8/05 at 9:16 AM. ( ) 206.138.130.2

EJ, lets say you could cool off the water as you propose. This would do more damage to the worlds oceans and the world climate as a whole. It is a very delicate eco system and like it or not hurricanes are an important part of that system. It's not natures fault that man chooses to build and settle in harms way.

nature

This response submitted by ej on 9/8/05 at 5:10 PM. ( [] ) 216.114.124.121

that's very true marc
but like it or not man can and will effect nature. the animal rights wak-os preach that man can/should step out of the way of nature. but that's not the future. we can/will and must effect nature for the good of all life. it's inevitable.
let the sunshine baby! there are dark days ahead for all of us!
ej

Scalar technology

This response submitted by John W. on 9/8/05 at 9:10 PM. ( ) 12.214.100.233

Look it up-you might be suprised,you can draw your own conclusions about this technology.In 1974 a U.N. law was drawn up forbidding the use of this technology against other nations.

Return to Tanning Category Menu