what happens during the tanning process

Submitted by ty on 9/11/05 at 12:57 AM. ( ) 12.174.148.73

what is happening during the steps of pickling,the tan,and the oiling

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Easy one

This response submitted by Frank E Kotula on 9/11/05 at 5:26 AM. ( basswtrout@msn.com ) 70.16.126.221

During the pickling process I also like to add some cucumbers. You see a pickle is just that. It's an acid that sweels up the skin and make cucumbers into pickles. It's nice to have a solution made so I can have them year round.

The tanning is either a solution that is either rubbed on or where you soak in. I like the one you soak in. You don't miss any spots and you get a great tan that's all over. I hate it when you see folks who uses the rub on tans and miss those spots. It doesn't look pretty. So I rather use a good soak tan in my opinion.

The oil is what you rub on after the tan. It makes you soft and silky. Whitout it you become very hard and stiff. Folks can't work a stiff hide so oil good with a number 1 oil.

ALso there is a ton off more info on this if you type this in the orange search button.

my wife

This response submitted by Mr.T on 9/11/05 at 10:36 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.200

puts oil on before she tans. When tanning, she only stays in the sun 45 min. per side. Hope this helps

Return to Tanning Category Menu