Moyle Mink ?

Submitted by Brad on 10/16/05 at 11:18 AM. ( ) 12.219.52.168

Just wondering what you think of moyle mink ?
Specifically on Bison capes .

Brad

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Not much

This response submitted by --- on 10/16/05 at 12:03 PM. ( ) 207.200.116.71

I went through hell with them earlier this year trying to get some skins back.Was lied to on several occasions.I asked them to send the skins back right away.They didn't.A week later they told me they were already in the tanks.Two weeks after that I called and talked to another person who told me they had not been started and they didn't know when they would.I tried for weeks to speak to the owner or have him call me back-he never would.I know several other businesses that had similar problems.Check the archives.There were also several posts on here about similar issues.I eventually got the skins back and they looked great-till I soaked them.In almost 40 years in the business,thes were the worst I've ever worked with.Very rubbery.The ear cartilages are really hard to remove and to stiff and distorted to use bondo method.I had to put a ring of pins around each eye,about 1/8" apart, just to keep them open till they dried.I haven't done any buffalo with them,but if I do this another 40 years,they will never get another skin.Taking way longer than promised is not a big deal to me-been there a lot with tanneries.The lying quite frankly scared the hell out of me and the poor tan cost me about $100 labor per mount and in the end,really affected the quality of my work.Good luck.

never again

This response submitted by chuck on 10/16/05 at 12:48 PM. ( ) 69.210.53.81

I just got back 4 hides from Moyles. It took ten months. They state only their invoice, 90-100 days. The worst part is that they repeatedly misled me whenver I called to inquire. They were "just about done" several times. They will never get my business again. Chuck

Horror Stories

This response submitted by Old Fart on 10/16/05 at 12:52 PM. ( ) 64.122.57.78

I've never used them, but I have heard enough from others that I know this......They will NEVER see any of my skins!

Worst in the Buisiness!

This response submitted by Shane on 10/16/05 at 3:40 PM. ( ) 216.20.236.125

10 months with 5000.00 worth of capes and hides and still they lie etc. Used them before and everything was great. Greed! Never again. I hope they wrot in HELL!

Moyle Beavers

This response submitted by Nain on 10/16/05 at 6:13 PM. ( ) 66.58.221.100

A trapping buddy of mine used to send his Alaska beavers to them until last year that he started finding that the PRIME XXL Alaska beavers were shrinking to L to XL Lower 48 not so prime beavers. He started to mark his hides with small stamp holes ( Just a few ) and what do you know, he caught them red handed. They denied the whole thing but were pretty damn shocked when confronted. They are full on crooks and LIERS, DO NOT USE THEM!

Same problem here

This response submitted by Rich P. on 10/16/05 at 10:47 PM. ( ) 69.23.215.60

I sent some skins to them last March. Five of them were Garment tanned and I got those back in early September which were super late. I'm still waiting on a raccoon that was for taxidermy. Every time I call they say there still working on it. So much for 90-100 days. Never had a problem with them before this. Guess I'll have to find somebody else. I liked using them for wall hangers because of their low price. Can't believe people run a business like that.

Ruined capes

This response submitted by NA Larson on 10/17/05 at 11:03 AM. ( ) 64.136.27.229

Turned a batch of antelope from 7-3/4 X 15 to 6+ X 12+ RUBBER! Admitted the problem and still did nothing to fix, except offer worthless advice. Not to mention the mule deer and w-Tail capes which are not even worth the price of water to soak up. Learn from me STAY AWAY!

They might be ready by my funeral

This response submitted by G on 10/18/05 at 6:03 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.133

First time using them, so called " tannery of the NTA" hah ha.
30-90 day turn around.. its been since December. customers are waiting.. its hurting everyone.. Lies lies and more lies

had them do some garmet tans recently

This response submitted by trappersteph on 10/22/05 at 2:32 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.133

Came out fine. I heard that a year ago they were turning out crap, maybe they got rid of the crap that was turning out crap. 2+ years ago when they first started the taxidermy tanning I sent some nice coons to them, and the hides were wonderful. Real stretchy, nice glazed fur. I am waiting on some more hides, should be soon, bunch of red foxes, some muskrats, some beavers. Garmet tanned.

MY CUSTOMERS ARE GETTING MAD!

This response submitted by DAN on 10/23/05 at 9:30 PM. ( POSSUM_KING@MSN.COM ) 63.229.220.45

I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE FEB.,THEY TOLD ME SO MANY DIFFERENT EXCUSES.LUCKY FOR ME,EVERYTHING I SENT THEM IS FOR TANNING ONLY(NOTHING WILL BE MOUNTED) SOME OF THE ORDER IS FOR SOME TRAPPING BUDDIES OF MINE,SO I GAVE THEM THE PHONE NUMBER,AND THEY CALLED THEM TO FIND OUT WHATS TAKING SO LONG.THEY TOLD ONE OF MY BUDDIES THAT THEY GOT WAY BEHIND BECAUSE OF SOME FLOODING---THATS SCARY STUFF!

Moyle Trouble

This response submitted by Another Old Fart on 10/25/05 at 9:16 PM. ( ) 68.112.201.50

I sent some things there a couple of years ago and was not overly impressed with the results. I switched to USA Foxx and Fur out of Duluth, Mn. They tell you up front how long, etc, depending on how busy they are. I have been very impressed with there work and time frames. No run around or BS involved. It may take a little longer but you know that from the start and they will work with you. Check them out or just send a small amount and see for yourself. Nothing worse than seeing your hard work come back looking like it went through a wood chipper.

used them for years

This response submitted by Jay Parke / Legacy Taxidermy on 11/3/05 at 11:07 AM. ( idbatman@yahoo.com ) 64.136.27.227

About ten years ago as a trapper I started sending all my raw fur to them so I could sell it to the visitors to Yellowstone and Jackon Hole. Up to about 2001 they were quick and had a good tan on garment stuff. When they tried to pick up the taxidermy market things went bad, and just so you will know they are experimenting with different pickles, tans, water temps. on everyones capes and hides. I started taxdermy about 4 years ago and wanted to use them because they are close to home. After this last years rubber band capes (all of them) and ears that look like they were boiled I would not let them have my road kill. And if I had something there I would be dang sure to get it out of there quick before it is unusable or misplaced.

Return to Tanning Category Menu