hair sticking up

Submitted by tam on 10/21/05 at 2:41 PM. ( ) 38.119.116.86

About one hide out of 5 I get one that there are spots of hair sticking up. Looks like its trying to curl up. What is causing this? I tried using hair spray to hold it down, but it pops back up. The last deer that did it, it is in two large patches just above the brisket. Is there a way to get it to lay down?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

card it down

This response submitted by shawn on 10/21/05 at 2:57 PM. ( bloomfieldstaxidermy@wavelinc.com ) 65.40.131.184

wet the spot good and then take a peice of screen mesh and or cardboard paper and pin it down for a few days that should do it.

tried that

This response submitted by Tam on 10/21/05 at 9:06 PM. ( ) 38.119.116.86

I already tried that. The hair products make the hair a lighter shade then when you brush it to blend everything in, the hair curls back up

hair gel

This response submitted by Mike on 10/21/05 at 10:26 PM. ( ) 71.248.214.103

Tam,
Usually when that happens I have good luck using a product called "dippidy do", a hair setting gel (been around for ages). Actually any drug store brand of hair setting gel works. I take a spray bottle and make a 50/50 mix of the gel and water and spray it on the spot where hair is sticking up and then like Shawn I take a piece of screen mesh and pin it down over the spot and let it set a couple of days until dry. Good Luck.

Mike

Return to Tanning Category Menu