For Old Shaver

Submitted by Dal on 10/23/05 at 7:12 PM. ( dedunagan@earthlink.net ) 72.145.184.204

I saw where you mentioned" especially if it was a grey", in an answer that you posted about fox tanning. What is up with the foxes? I have mounted several greys, with DP, no problems,then decided to go hightech with real tanning, and have so far been ok with the greys, lost ears on 2 reds. Can you shine some light on this mystery? Thanks for your time and help.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

I wish I could Dal

This response submitted by oldshaver on 10/24/05 at 7:43 PM. ( ) 68.221.27.50

Grey fox have their own special need during the wet process, to prevent slippage. Thats about as far as I can go on an explanation, due to my employment at at a comercial tannery. Alot of little quirks and special requirements for different animals, took many years to learn, so due to the competitive nature of the business I work in, my hands are tied. If you are having no problems with greys, you must be on the right track. If it aint broke, dont fix it! Sorry I cant be of more help.

Thanks To Old Shaver

This response submitted by Dal on 10/25/05 at 7:27 AM. ( dedunagan@earthlink.net ) 68.158.162.5

Thanks anyway, Old Shaver. I understand your situation fully. It was the Reds I was having the trouble with. I will just keep my repair techniques up to speed. Have a good one and keep on shaving.

Return to Tanning Category Menu