To Bruce Rittel...? and Bill Yox

Submitted by Bryan Umbanhowar on 11/1/05 at 11:21 PM. ( Bryan4@dtnspeed.net ) 12.161.97.252

Bruce, I have to say I love the safetee-acid! I was tired of the formic acid. Safetee-acid is the first acid, close to formic that I have used! My ? is I have a auto-tanner. Do you think it speeds up pickling in the tanner. I have looked in the archives and didn't see anything about your thoughts on pressurize, pickling with safetee-acid and Lutan. Thanks in advance, Bryan

Bill Yox....you still Alive? I thought maybe Wilma came up the east coast and you relocated.....hahaha Kidding!

Return to Tanning Category Menu

The key is the mechanical action!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 11/2/05 at 8:48 PM. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.137.25

Mechanical action is the real key. It definitely speeds up the tanning process. And the Auto Tanner does everything its advertised to do! You can take a raw cape - put it in - and remove it 4 hours later - finished! But it's also important that you follow the instructions and use the Tanning Crystals in it.

As you may be aware - Dan Rinehart now produces and sells the Auto Tanner. I havent had a chance to discuss it with him yet - but assuming nothing has changed in its construction - it should be safe for using it for pickling as well as tanning. If you use it for pickling however, then I would change a few things and it should speed up a full pickle to about 24 hours. But - it shouldnt be run continuously. Only 5-8 turns each hour. That by itself may cause a problem because you may want to get a timing device so you dont have to stand there and do it yourself.

I also now rep and sell the Auto Tanner for Dan Rinehart - and a lot of my customers have asked about using EZ-100, Lutan F and our KWIK-N-EZE paint on tan in the Auto Tanner. And it can be done - in fact many of our customers tell us it enhances the finished product.

Basically you start out for the first 2 hours using the Tanning crystals and then after shaving and before putting your capes back into the machine - you add the EZ-100, Lutan F or KWIK-N-EZE, adjust the PH level to a 4.0 and again run the machine for 2 more hours to finish it.

If you would like directions on the mixes - e-mail me at my e-mail address in this header at the top.

hey Bryan

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/4/05 at 12:57 AM. ( ) 66.133.135.7

Yep, Im still kicking. Havent heard from you in a while, but I hear about your antler replicas now and then. Hope all is well.

Return to Tanning Category Menu