Van Dykes Pressure Tanner

Submitted by Brady on 11/8/05 at 1:34 PM. ( bergeyb@hotmail.com ) 207.165.237.142

Has anybody used the new 40 gal. Van Dyke Pressure Tanner? I called the staff taxidermist there, but am still waiting for a call back. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at that or the AT by Dan Rinehart.
Thank You,
Brady

Return to Tanning Category Menu

just use krowtan

This response submitted by dak on 11/8/05 at 6:36 PM. ( ) 12.220.232.2

I used the pressure tanks 5 years ago and they are great if you need the cape FAST...they do work....but.....the krowtan seems to be the same thing .... you only need a bucket and soak it for three days....

just my two cents...my deer mounts are much improved with krowtan over the pressure tan.......

Tanner

This response submitted by Doug on 11/9/05 at 9:31 AM. ( info@wolverinetaxidermy.com ) 207.69.138.136

The tanner sold by Van Dykes is the same one Dan sells.
I do all my small mammels and all my deer to be mounted and I love is . I never need to worry about slippage . I have the large machine and can do 2 Whitetaile at a time, at a cost of around 3.50 a cape and no need to pre salt or ship to a tannery and hope all the hair is still there when I get it back.
One thing Dan sells all the parts for the machine (gaskets , motors tanks etc. )Van Dykes only sells the cristals

Van Dyke's Tanner

This response submitted by Olaus Lyons on 11/10/05 at 10:36 AM. ( olyons@cabelas.com ) 64.47.54.5

The Van Dyke's Tanner is very differant from any other tanner on the market . We do have all parts available and the best warranty in the industry .

Return to Tanning Category Menu