Help needed with tubed capes tanned by wildlife gallery

Submitted by todd on 11/11/05 at 9:04 AM. ( horse2@tds.net ) 69.11.248.17

I have alot of capes to mount yet that were tanned by wildlife gallery. Great job on tanning except just can't get my stretch back out of them. It seems like the bigger the cape was the worst the shrinkage. Example some of my BIG capes like 26" I have a extremly had time making it go on a 700 series meder form. These capes are all tubed with a very short seam. I would like any ideas of how to get more out of these capes. It seems everyone really thinks the stretch is great on these capes, but most people I have talked to still do the seam all the way down the back. Anything would be greatly helpful in getting thru these capes

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Check

This response submitted by mike on 11/11/05 at 10:40 AM. ( taxidermy@mwt.net ) 207.190.72.226

the archives for georges suggestion on using a riding lawn mower inner tube, seems like a good idea. hope nobody has a blowout because i "squezed " this suggestion in here. (-:

its a great and simple method the tire thing

This response submitted by paul e on 11/11/05 at 11:07 AM. ( amfpaul@bellsouth.net ) 70.156.89.15

simple and effective
good if your joints ache in the morning like mine do
beats the heck out of stretching by hand ill tell you that

Curious

This response submitted by Dan on 11/13/05 at 10:05 PM. ( borealtales@aol.com ) 205.188.116.134

Sorry I don't have an answer for your question but what is the tube method of caping? I just posted a question in 'gameheads' asking for help on this as I just took a whitetail with a mane and I don't want to disturb the hair when caping it out or sewing up the incision. This tube caping sounds like just the ticket.

Return to Tanning Category Menu