Stop the salt.

Submitted by Rorie on 12/3/05 at 12:55 AM. ( ) 67.141.92.228

I was turned on to using Pottasium Chloride in place of sodium chloride.Been doing this almost 3 years with great results.

Drawback, cost about $3.00 per 50lbs bag more.

Pro, it does the same as salt. Same measuremnts, does not fall out of solution until +5 degrees farn.

Last but biggest PRO

You can dump it on your lawn without fear of killing grass.

Yep, I is use for fertilizer.

That with the tannins and soluble protiens will give you one awesome green lawn.

My yard have went from yards to lawns, I have the biggest nightcrawlers in the area and lively too.

My yard is rye, fescue mix and it stay green under the snow.

This also gives the grass roots, roots make grass, did you know the grass roots will grow year round if not frozen!

Something else for some reason it works as a mild herbicide, preemergent.

Give it a try, you will be happy with the results.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

And................................!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 12/3/05 at 9:08 AM. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.136.202

And - if you use it in combination with Rittel's Saftee Acid..........the Saftee Acid also biodegrades into fertilizer within 2 weeks after dumping! It's a good combination - Potassium Chloride and Saftee Acid!

Thanks for your post Rorie! Whether we like it or not - this is the direction the Tanning Industry has to go in the future - regardless of the small extra cost involved! Particularly for Tanners who do not have access to City Sewage!

where to puchase.....

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 12/3/05 at 10:30 AM. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 205.188.116.135

Where can Potassium Chloride be purchased at, in bulk? I did a quick search, but found mostly sites, selling it as a natural remedies
products for a healthier lifestyle.

RW,

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 12/3/05 at 2:35 PM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.104.127.215

you just need to enter the phrase correctly when you search the subject. Go to Google and enter:
kevorkian potassium chloride

? Glen Conley

This response submitted by ej on 12/3/05 at 3:47 PM. ( . ) 216.114.124.121

why do you say Kevorkian? is that what they use in the death house?
?

LOL, ej!

This response submitted by Glen on 12/3/05 at 4:02 PM. ( ) 70.104.127.215

I was going to use that one in a George Brittanica. Rorie blew my cover.

It's the same potassium chloride. 2% levels as an essential electrolyte in the fluid living system, an o.d. can stop the heart.

As a dietary supplement for a healthier lifestyle, a person might want to consider the gluconate form, let the body make the conversions.

I have my doubts about anyone doing a personal O.D. by using it in their pickle.

GLEN VS GEORGE

This response submitted by ej on 12/3/05 at 7:47 PM. ( . ) 216.114.124.121

don't stop now. go after him again glen! great info guys!

potassium

This response submitted by joe on 12/4/05 at 7:09 PM. ( joeps95@localnet.com ) 69.72.12.189

you are talking about the stuff you use for water softners right? well how does the big chunks do anything or do they sell it in granules?

Rorie

This response submitted by Diana S on 12/5/05 at 1:01 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.131

Rorie, What did you mean'does not fall out of solution until +5 degree farn.' ? I'm in Okl. and would like to start using it because I live in the country and don't know where to dump my pickle.

Dissolved Sodium Chloride falls out of the solution

This response submitted by Rorie on 12/5/05 at 3:34 AM. ( ) 67.141.92.228

and crystalizes on the bottom of the tank at +25F

Potassium chloride found as a sodium-free alternative to salt in materials for softening hard water (found at supermarket, hardware store); beware that it comes in big sacks. May also be found in big sacks as fertilizer. Found in more convenient sizes (and greater unit price) as salt substitute in grocery stores; check label to make sure there is no sodium contained; also photo chemical.

New York area.
http://www.gallard-schlesinger.com/index.html

Here is a starting point
http://www.local.com/

Return to Tanning Category Menu