fleshing machine question

Submitted by DJ on 12/4/05 at 9:05 PM. ( ) 205.208.172.224

I am using an eager beaver machine and have no problems with fleshing except for the last little bit of leather. I can shave it real easily to the "white" but the blade does not want to shave anymore after this. It may "bite" and take it to the roots occasionally. Does the blade need adjusted "up" more so it takes a bigger bite? It already seems to take a fairly deep bite on a pickled cape except for when trying to take to blue. It seems to stop shaving after it reaches a certain point.I need to apply pressure to take it to blue it does not thin uniformly. Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

It may be a combination of things!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 12/4/05 at 11:49 PM. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.137.207

For anyone to really give you a good answer - they'd have to see you shave - and how you position your guards, as well as how you adjust the edge! It does however, seem strange that you can shave the pickled skin to through the "white" - but not to the slight "blue"! For some reason that has me puzzled.

Only a suggestion - but have you seen our video on shaving? It's Catalog #PF-901. It's $14.95 PP. Although its done on the model before the one you may have - the same techniques apply!

have it

This response submitted by dj on 12/5/05 at 9:28 AM. ( ) 205.208.172.207

I have the video and have the guards set up exactly the same as the video. The video is all I have gone by.

Return to Tanning Category Menu