Salt drying capes in cold weather ( Georgia)

Submitted by MichelleW on 12/6/05 at 10:30 PM. ( michellestaxidermy@zoomshare.com ) 68.154.95.188

It is supposed to be between 44 and 27 all week long and about 55 to 64 durring the day and my shop is not heated. I have a heater I turn on when I work in the shop but i don't feel cumfy leaving it on when I am at work at my day job. I was wondering if it will hurt my capes to be in the shop at these temps. Right now I have them under a 1/4 inch layer of salt and they have been their for 3 days ( changing the salt everyday). I am wondering if it would be alright to go ahead and hang them up and let them start drying. What should I do? Thanks....

Return to Tanning Category Menu

You can

This response submitted by Dal on 12/6/05 at 11:30 PM. ( dedunagan@earthlink.net ) 208.61.125.151

hang them up and put a fan on them. That is what I do, here in Ga. also. The dry pretty quick like that.

Michelle

This response submitted by michael shipman on 12/7/05 at 7:56 AM. ( shipmanstaxidermy@alltel.net ) 67.140.124.225

I do as Dal said after salting i hang capes up and let them drain with a fan blowing and they dry hard pretty quick. I'm here in n georgia

Do you use....

This response submitted by MichelleW on 12/7/05 at 9:41 AM. ( ) 138.162.128.38

Do you use de-humidifiers (how ever you spell them). How long normall does it take for your capes to dry hard?

Michelle

This response submitted by michael on 12/7/05 at 12:49 PM. ( ) 67.140.124.225

i do not use one but i would like one. according to the weather 2days to 2 weeks. In my salt room if it is pretty nice outside i open the door and let the fan blow in. if is rainy i leave the door shut. It's also according to how your building is built. Some buildings sweat on the inside if it's rainy outside. Even if it does it dries faster with the air moving.

Return to Tanning Category Menu