krowtann& liqui-tan

Submitted by J.W. on 12/20/05 at 10:42 PM. ( ) 12.109.125.196

I was just told today that a bottle tan such as liqui-tan and krowtann will make a deers hair fall out of a mount in 4 to 5 years.Is there any truth to this,since I use liqui-tan on all the specimens I have done.Any feedback would be greatly appriciated.I would like to start using Krowtan. With of these two is better and easier to use. Thanks J.W.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

That's a crock

This response submitted by George on 12/20/05 at 11:27 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.130

Neither of them "make the hair fall out". Tans lock hair in, alkali such as soaps,make hair fall out.

It's true George

This response submitted by Frank E Kotula on 12/21/05 at 6:16 AM. ( basswtrout@msn.com ) 70.16.119.85

My hair fell out sooner than that. No locking in hair and made my sclap get dryer LOL.
Sorry JW but George is correct!

Don't know crap!1

This response submitted by Mark on 12/21/05 at 9:44 AM. ( mark@knoblochs.com ) 67.106.41.67

LIQUA TAN and Knoblochs have been tanning skins for a long time. We have been in business for 25+ years we would not have the repeat of customers if we had problems. We can also prove that skins tanned with Liqua Tan 25 years ago are still in perfect condition, Ken Walker mounted a bighorn sheep 20 years ago wetted it up to swap some horns and it was just fine. Liqua Tan is not an acid based tan, thats something to check. George is right a tan will set the hair, and afix the fibers in the skin. Not to many people or other tans have been on the market or have lasted long enough to say they know what will have 10 or 20 years down the road. Give me a call at 1-800-525-6379 if you have any other questions you would like to cover.

Mark

Knoblochs

got a whitetail 23 years old its fine

This response submitted by paul e on 12/21/05 at 11:04 AM. ( amfpaul@bellsouth.net ) 70.156.89.99

got a whitetail 23 years old i did with liqua tan
its as good as the day i mounted it

I have mounts that are 20 years old.

This response submitted by John W. on 12/21/05 at 11:05 AM. ( ) 12.215.63.237

J.W.,Mark and George know what their talking about.Ihave my own personal mounts someof them 20 years old,no problems.I have repeat customers,all done with Liqua-tan,they wouldn't becoming back if their mounts fell apart,personally I think you need to find a new info.source,someone who knows what their talking about.Keep reading this site,theres a wealth of info.on it from people who know what their talking about,Bill Yox,George Roof,oLD SHAVER,Bruce Rittel,Mark Daniels,those are just a few to look for, and these people know what their talking about from experience,not old wives tales.

mines 14 years old

This response submitted by Bobbi Meyer on 12/21/05 at 7:36 PM. ( bwartistry@earthlink.net ) 207.69.139.9

it's hasn't lost any hair, and after this long and looking back, the tan was very forgiving since I didn't know what I was doing !

Return to Tanning Category Menu