Black mold

Submitted by carol on 12/27/05 at 12:01 PM. ( rpamo3@sbcglobal.net ) 12.169.232.240

Greetings,
I recently had two capes that had black circles on the tanned side of the cape. It looked a little like wet charcol dust. I tumbled them and the hair slipped at that spot. Any idea what this is or what I did wrong? The capes were creamed tanned. The spots were about the size of my fist. Thanks for time.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

sounds like ring worm.

This response submitted by jrosbor on 12/27/05 at 4:03 PM. ( huntersdream3x@hotmail.com ) 71.98.28.162

But without seeing it I wouldn't be so sure. I have never seen a tanned cape slip because of mold. And the mold you usaly see on a tanned cape is green. Later!

its mold

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 12/27/05 at 6:44 PM. ( ) 67.138.8.33

Ive seen too many color molds! How about red, or bright yellow? They make it! Black too. If you sweat a tanned cape, just sweat overnight, otherwise freeze it again until you can get to it. Otherwise, well...you know what!

ok Bill...

This response submitted by jrosbor on 12/28/05 at 2:15 PM. ( huntersdream3x@hotmail.com ) 71.98.28.162

I too have seen other color molds. I allways thought the red stuff was "red rot" a bacteria? Oh well, I just see a lot of green mold with wet tanned capes. Not much black or yellow. I have seen ring worm on the hair side of deer that has slipped. Listen to Bill, It will take me a couple more decades to catch up with him! Later! Joe

Joe

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 12/28/05 at 8:05 PM. ( ) 66.133.134.176

I think I lumped them all together. Mold, bacteria, its the colors I was thinking of. Probably Glen Conley would know the exact difference, but I think our caution to it still applies, lol.

thanks!

This response submitted by carol on 12/28/05 at 9:59 PM. ( ) 70.131.162.74

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's response! I believe mr Yox was correct! The mold appeared after a couple of weeks of sweating the cape! I hope the mold doesn't spread into the kitchen or bathroom!

Return to Tanning Category Menu