Automatic Tanners

Submitted by Bazie Dulen on 1/9/06 at 8:24 AM. ( bdulen@mrtc.com ) 208.135.164.99

I have seriously though about buying me one of these automatic tanners but I'll be honest, I really don't see the benefits of one. I mean, I flesh a deer cape and all then tan it in about 10 minutes with Rinehart Creme tan. What real advantage does an automatic tanner provide? How will it make my hides come out any better than they look now? Just curious, would appreciate any advice. Also, what does it cost to run one of these thing? Doesn't look like it would be very cost effective.
Thanks,
Baz

Return to Tanning Category Menu

you mean 10 minutes to apply

This response submitted by Mr.T on 1/9/06 at 9:54 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.51

Doesn't the cream take 8 or so hours to penetrate? Therefore, it actually takes longer to tan it than just rubbing in on in 10 minutes. Are there areas on the cape where the cream is less concentrated than other spots? You have thick spots, and thin spots on capes so what proof do you have that the cream penetrated %100 of every square inch of the cape, especially the thick areas? You don't. With a pressure tanner, you have a BETTER tan just for that reason alone. Oh, and it only takes 5 minutes to lock and load any auto tanner.

Just time

This response submitted by mark on 1/9/06 at 9:55 AM. ( ) 67.106.41.67

You can accomplish the same results just by doing the same soak in a static tank. Pickle or not flesh then Liqua Tan. I do prefer the 5-10 hour pickle in Pre Tan #110 shave it rinse, drain well Liqua Tan then mount. No neutralizing need and no expensive equipment needed to make it work, and a guaranteed skin life. Less hype great results.

Return to Tanning Category Menu