Stop Rot

Submitted by mopar on 1/10/06 at 5:23 PM. ( jeffb03@alltel.net ) 67.140.145.128

I just got my stop rot in and I have a bobcat in the pickle right now. It has some freezer burn on the bottom lip and ears, should I use the stop rot when I flesh before I neutralize or after? Thanks, Jeff

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Mr. mopar,

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 1/10/06 at 10:35 PM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.105.123.8

since no one has answered your question, I would say it sounds like you will wind up being the one to figure this one out. It only took twice in a row for me telling a couple of other guys, "Nah, I doubt that would work", in STOP-ROT applications, for them to call me back later and say it did work. Now I just say, "Give it a try, and let me know".

If STOP-ROT is used on a green hide, before doing ANYTHING else to it, it works wonders on freezer burn.

If the dry skin areas are still dry in the pickle, you might try brushing some on to those areas, and then return to the pickle. It won't hurt anything, and it will either work, or not work.

Another option that works well on "mooshy" skins is to paint STOP-ROT on the hair side and flesh side of those skins BEFORE neutralizing, let the STOP-ROT work for at least twenty minutes before neutralizing. That has consistently stopped a lot of epidermal slip from occuring.

There's some of your variables. Keep us posted on what you come up with as to whether it did or did not work in this particular application.

WOOPS!

This response submitted by Glen on 1/10/06 at 10:46 PM. ( ) 70.105.123.8

I left out some key info in the above post!

Where I wrote above, "Another option that works well on "mooshy" skins is to paint STOP-ROT on the hair side and flesh side of those skins BEFORE neutralizing, let the STOP-ROT work for at least twenty minutes before neutralizing. That has consistently stopped a lot of epidermal slip from occuring." That needs to be explained a little better.

What I meant to say was the exposed epidermis of the head areas such as the eyes, nose, lips and don't forget the inside of the ears. It doesn't take much time or STOP-ROT to do that.

Return to Tanning Category Menu