Someone who knows about auto tanners chemicals

Submitted by Kim on 1/12/06 at 10:28 AM. ( lostpinestaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 207.69.137.21

We have been using the Arrowhead tanning crystals and have been pleased with the results. However, we are looking for other options that will produce the same or better results. Since a certain company has taken over this product; the price has doubled and the service is horrible. If anyone has a suggestion on other chemicals please email us. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

tan

This response submitted by J on 1/12/06 at 1:51 PM. ( ) 216.231.162.9

contact Knoblochs about PARA TAN im sure you will be happy!

Call Wegner school of taxidermy

This response submitted by vermont valley taxidermy on 1/12/06 at 5:43 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.72

Ron wegner owns the school. Ron, his mentors and I have discussed that we have received the recipe from the original owner. It is very cheap and is mainly made of salt,sodium carbonate and alum. I am personally too busy to tan much other than medium mammals. The recipe is for 100#. Ron and his friends just keep each other supplied.

I have personally worked for the "new" company for a short period of time and fully agree with your dissatisfation.

I would also point out that the patent is up on the auto tanner and can be reproduced by anyone, as far I am informed. I just pointed out to the people I previously was talking about, that Van Dykes now has their version of the auto tanner. We all agree it was much better features such as drain tubes, hatch covers and many others. Anyone that has used the auto tanner knows their few flaws.

PARA TAN

This response submitted by Mark on 1/13/06 at 11:35 AM. ( mark@knoblochs.com ) 67.106.41.67

You can use the Para Tan only 1/2 to 1 oz of tan to each 1 lb of skin. You can get this formula from our free tech book or our website at www.knoblochs.com
You will be guaranteed to have better stretch and an extremly long shelf life. Follow your tanning with the Tanning oil #1.

Return to Tanning Category Menu