rawhide flesher

Submitted by stacy on 1/29/06 at 10:45 PM. ( ) 65.168.71.45

I would like some info on rawhide fleshers.I'm looking for a good flesher 10" blade looking at doing 100 hides a year.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Stacey, I have one and I love it. HOWEVER

This response submitted by George on 1/29/06 at 11:18 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.204

I will no longer recommend them. The guy who owns the thing is just too damned flakey. I've sent 3 people to him in the last 2 years. Each of them bought the same product but had to edure different BS each time. Promises weren't kept and he was always wanting extra money for things I'd expect to be included. The last person I sent was asked to pay 100% before the unit was even BUILT. An extra blade was promised - no show. He insisted on delivering it and he showed up with improper hardware, mismatched hardware, and didn't even have a powercord for the motor. The taxidermist had to go out an purchase that on her own. When he left, he even asked for gas and toll money. I try to protect my own integrity as well as others in this industry regardless of how I'm perceived. In trying to do that, I'm going to tell you that I'd recommend the Van Dykes Professional model. It's around the same price and at the very least, you have professional backing behind it.

You know what George?

This response submitted by Sandy on 1/30/06 at 9:26 AM. ( ) 209.128.248.67

If I could go back and do it again I would have kept the Frontier. I had that machine down to a T....

Now it is like I am starting brand new and cannot figure that machine out.

My personal reccommendation is the Frontier flesher. I loved that machine.

Return to Tanning Category Menu