Off to School...

Submitted by PLRanch on 1/31/06 at 6:12 PM. ( shelby@promiselandranch.net ) 64.146.187.241

Finally headed off to Tanning school. Gonna take the 30 day course at North Idaho School of Tanning and Taxidermy... Gonna Specialize in Domestics. So far I have gathered up 2 Steer Hides, 1 huge cow hide, 1 calf hide, 1 goat, 2 katadin sheep hides, couple of rabbits for kicks. Plus the tannery is hunting up a Buffalo Hide, Mt Lion, Coyote, and a couple of weaselish creatures(mink, Pine martin) for me. All of my hides are sitting in the freezer, Fleshed just waiting to go. I couldn't salt them because it hasnt been above freezing here since september and I have nowhere indoors to do it... yet. I did some calculating and the class, hides, housing, transportation, food etc and a shaver, tumbler, and vat will cost me just a little less than my budget of $5500.

Should be a fun experience, Will keep you all posted when Im in Idaho(if I can) and when I get going.

Thanks for all the Help.

Shelby
www.promiselandranch.net

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Good luck Shelby

This response submitted by George on 1/31/06 at 7:41 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.133

I hope your wishes come true and they're what you wanted when you get them.

That was nice George!

This response submitted by oldshaver on 1/31/06 at 7:59 PM. ( ) 68.221.5.68

I knew you had it in you, somewhere.LOL

OK OS, give it up

This response submitted by George on 1/31/06 at 9:23 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.133

You, of all people, know what I was saying when I said it. It's like meeting a kid on his way to basic training and him being excited about it. LOL

Gee Thanks...

This response submitted by PLRanch on 1/31/06 at 11:50 PM. ( shelby@promiselandranch.net ) 64.146.187.235

... You make it sound like its gonna be hard... Just kidding I know Im gonna work my A$$ off and find a whole bunch of muscles I never knew I had. I plan to make the most of it though.

Any hints and suggestions?

Thanks

Shelby

Any hints and suggestions?

This response submitted by Mr.T on 2/1/06 at 11:25 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.121

take bandaids and count your fingers ofton.

All kidding aside-

This response submitted by oldshaver on 2/1/06 at 7:57 PM. ( ) 68.221.25.86

Spend as much time as you can learning how to steel(tune) a shaving machine knife.(blade) Remember, you dont have to thin a skin with one cut, and once you take it off, you cant put it back on. All the tanning knowledge in the world, aint gonna get you anywhere, if you dont get good at shaving!

Thanks

This response submitted by PLRanch on 2/2/06 at 10:32 AM. ( shelby@promiselandranch.net ) 64.146.187.244

Thanks I will keep yall posted on how it goes.

Shelby
www.promiselandranch.net

Good Luck Shelby!

This response submitted by David Patton on 2/2/06 at 10:41 PM. ( ) 12.76.217.82

How ironic that you used dollar signs to spell "A**" ...How ironic indeed.

Plan on a little more than that $5500. I would say, oh everything you got plus some.

I hear the tune of an old country and western song..."I got a tiger by the tail..."

Return to Tanning Category Menu