auto tanners

Submitted by mike monday on 1/2/06 at 3:20 PM. ( eightpthntr71@yahoo.com ) 64.12.116.197

i was wandering if anyone has used one very much? did you like them? i mount about 40 deer a year,would it be worth the money or just keep using McKenzie tan?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

yes

This response submitted by mike d on 1/2/06 at 4:55 PM. ( the_taxidermistat yahoo.com ) 66.191.21.132

I have used one since Steve first sorted out the sealing problem 6 or 8 years ago; don't think I'd ever be without one in my shop now!
As a matter of fact I have pretty much worn out the first one and just recently ordered a new one from Dan Rinehart, who bought the company last year.
The original ones had an enamel coating that did not hold up very well to the caustic solutions; the newer ones have an industrial epoxy coating that be pretty much oblivious to the acids.

Love our tanner

This response submitted by PAPA/MAMA on 1/4/06 at 7:39 PM. ( ) 69.179.72.149

We have used the pressure tanner we bought from Steve a good 6 years ago - would not be without it ! We have to buy a new one to because of the chipping inside when we let the lid fall in after releasing the pressure. OUR FAULT. We would not be without the tanner -
We tan andf mount between 75 - 100 deer per year. And have them done before summer so we can go fishing.... PLUS we both work full time jobs along with the taxidermy - You'll love the tanner.

We flesh the hides after the 1st 2 hour tan and then before mounting.. We really love our tanner...

Return to Tanning Category Menu