calibrating a new Hanna Ph tester

Submitted by Ryan Orr on 2/11/06 at 1:22 AM. ( ryan.orr@att.net ) 69.3.200.202

OK whats the trick? I tried to calibrate this thing with the
instructions they give me with the thing. Now when I try and
take a reading of my solution. The meter just keeps climbing.
Humbly in need of your professional advice.
OH I tried the little orange button. Please believe me I did.
Thanks
Ryan Orr

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Calibrating a PH Testor!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 2/11/06 at 10:34 AM. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.139.162

OK - first, with the meter off simply soak the electrode portion in p0lain water for 30 minutes. In the meantime - mix your calibration solutions. They should be a 4.0 PH and a 7.0 PH.

After the soak, turn on the meter and test the 7.0 PH solution first! Adjust if necessary. It's best to test it, adjust, and leave the electrodes in the solution for 1 minute or until the reading settles down.
then rinse it off and test the 4.0 PH solution. Again, test, adjust and wait 1 minute for it to settle down. Then rinse, and it's ready for your test.

Keep in mind that these meters, price-wise, do not have dampening features like the $200 or $400 Dollar meters - so you have to have some patience with them. For the price - they are a bargain - but again, patience is the key. My $350.00 PH Meter has a probe electrode - it's $75.00 when it needs replacement.

They do however, carry a Warantee for 6 months - and if it simply continues to keep walking through the readings or refuses to adjust - send it back to whereever you bought it.

Return to Tanning Category Menu